1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Has anyone purchased another Smartkey lately?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by JoanneR, Jul 26, 2011.

1. JoanneR

JoanneR Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I was wondering what you paid for yours.

Thanks!

2. klm48116

klm48116 Owner of Gen I and Gen II

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    $200 for the key
    $100 to program it

3. MJFrog

MJFrog Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    N/A
    $0.00

When I bought my wife's '05, the second FOB went dead after 3 months...buttons wouldn't work. It still functioned as SKS though. The dealer programmed and gave me a brand new one, then let me keep the old one. Comes in handy occasionally. When I bought my '04 in 2009, I bought a second FOB (only one came with the car) and the salesman let me use his discount, then had it programmed for free. Paid $180 total for it.

I've bought or co-signed for 4 vehicles from them since April '09 and they know how to treat repeat customers.

They also do good repair work when necessary. And although they may recommend additional 'services', they do the work I SAY to do, and nothing more.

(Page Toyota, Southfield, MI)

4. jdtechtalk00

jdtechtalk00 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My ex-girlfriend lost the SmartKey to my '07 Prius many moons ago (okay..it was more like a year ago) and I recall paying about $230 from toyotapartseast.com.

The dealership quoted me $300+ for the same SmartKey so I guess I wasn't reamed too badly on the whole sordid affair :p

As for programming fees, I paid about $90 for the key to be programmed so all in all my grand total came to $320. If you would like some referrals for a solid place to have your SmartKey reprogrammed then just let me know! :rockon:

5. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Programming cost should be 1 hour of labor or less. MSRP for the key is $200 +/-.

6. anthonylokrn

anthonylokrn Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Call around to more dealerships. I purchased my smartkey for $153 online back in April or May and a dealer programmed it for free minus cutting.