1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Has anyone tried NanoBionics Automotive Treatments?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Steve Cebu, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Steve Cebu

Steve Cebu New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I came across this stuff and it looks incredible!
    Has anyone on here tried it? I was going to get a regular paint sealant but this looks far superior! Plus you can wash your car with regular water!
    It has to be professionally applied. I'd appreciate any feedback if you've tried it.
    Thanks

Highly Engineered Bionic Nanotechnology Water and Dirt Repellents

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_kOrP6WF-I&feature=related]YouTube - Nanotec-USA Tests NanoBionic Jeep in mud[/ame]

2. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I'll apologize in advance for a short rant, but this is one of my pet peeves...

These products (I'm not familiar with this specific one, but there are dozens on the market that make similar claims) are the modern day snake oil. Pay us several hundred dollars for "professional" installation (isn't anybody who gets paid to do something a professional? :)), and you'll never have to wax your car (or in this case, use your windshield wipers :D) again. OK, done with rant.

If you want paint protection that will last longer than conventional wax, you can buy any number of synthetic polymers at the local auto parts store or online.

For paint, I prefer the natural depth of shine & color you get from a high quality carnauba wax (I use One Grand Blitz) vs. the artificial shine you get with synthetics.

For the wheels (to minimize brake dust build up & make cleaning easier) and windshield (minimizes bug splats) I use RejeX. It was developed for the military to reduce helicopter exhaust build up, and I've been using it for 10 years with great results. You can find it in some stores, or order it directly from them. Many people also use it on the painted surfaces. The $15 bottle lasts a long time.

RejeX®: So Slick, Bugs Can't Stick!

3. Steve Cebu

Steve Cebu New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Well according to my local detailer, brand new cars do better with paint sealant versus car wax. He's happy to use wax but says it's cheaper to go with a car sealant and I thought this stuff looked pretty amazing.
    I didn't want the actual video posted, just the link, but I did something wrong so it's actually showing the video on the page. :confused: It does this with Amazon.com links as well.

4. brad_rules_man

brad_rules_man Hybrid electric revolutionizer

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If anyone tries this, let me know. I would be interested in longevity.

5. Vincent

Vincent Don't Wait Until Tomorrow

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    This is what my dealer recommends.

Attached Files:

6. Steve Cebu

Steve Cebu New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I don't know if the stuff is snake oil or not but I am interested in trying it. I did buy enough aquapel to do all the windows in my wifes Honda Fit and my Prius.
    I will ask the detail guy about this Nanotech stuff, if I can get it done cheap enough i will probably try it. I don't expect it to solve everything but it might be worth trying.