1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Has anyone tried the Nokia 6620?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Mitchla, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Mitchla

Mitchla New Member

To be more specific, has any human tried the Nokia 6620?

2. revdre

revdre New Member

I have the phone currently and have been using it for about three months.
    Its a GREAT phone if you can ignore the form factor. I like big screens as I use the mobile internet all the time and the screen on this phone is the best there is.
    The speakerpone is OK but the erapiece sounds great. It gets much better recepetion than the two motorolas I had previously.
    I can't tell you how happy I am with the phone.
    The only drawback that I ever see with the phone is that the number keys are a tad small and the batery takes a few charges to reach its full potential.
    It does have bluetooth so you should be able to use it easily in the prius.

3. Mitchla

Mitchla New Member

Thanks, Revdre. I actually was looking for people's success with using it with the Prius, as my SE T616 doesn't work with it.

4. Swampthing

Swampthing Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Anyone else here use this with the Prius? I am considering this phone also and wonder how well the voice sounds via the car's bluetooth.

5. ThetaSigma99

ThetaSigma99 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mitchla\";p=\"52545)</div>
    Really? I have a SE T617 through Cingular, and it works perfectly with my Prius. What is happening when you try to connect it?

6. Swampthing

Swampthing Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Anyone have this phone?

7. tag

tag Senior Member

8. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The phone I REALLY REALLY want is the Siemens SX66: http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=569

The phone I really want a little less is the Nokia 6681: http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=684

The phone I'd settle for if all else fails is the 6620, but I hear the battery door might break off after repeated changes of the memory card stored underneath, while I believe the 6681 has a slot that's exposed.

All of these either are or might be available from Cingular, so when my Verizon contract expires in May I'll be picking from what's released and will let people know what's up, Prius-wise...

9. bpoort

bpoort New Member

I just got my 6620 from letstalk on Monday. It paired with my 04 Prius w/o problem and it now autoconnects without any user intervention each time I get in the car. I have not yet tried to transfer the phonebook but bluetooth calls are clear and the one party I called said it sounded just like a landline. As with some other phones the signal strength does not display on the Prius screen.

So far I've found no reason to dislike the phone and it's signal reception is much better than my old Motorola\Verizon t720c and better than my friends Motorola\Cingular V551. My main use for the phone is to double as a pager for work support as well as a bluetooth modem for my laptop when I'm away from the office. I have the pager part set up but I havent started on the modem yet.

If I can be of anymore help just ask.

Bryan