1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Has anyone used the car wash at Classic Car Spa on North Scottsdale Road?

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by howardbc, Jun 9, 2009.

1. howardbc

howardbc Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    It's maybe a mile or two north of the 101 on Scottsdale Road. There's a Chevron gas station there. It's kind of hidden, thanks to Scottsdale being particular about how businesses look. The website is Classic Home Page. They will vacuum my 2008 and HAND-wash it for $14.99. Evidently your car goes on a moving platform (no hooks or wires. See the photo.) No flapping rugs. That sounds like just what I've been looking for in my area. I am still nervous about someone not understanding how a hybrid works but the manager said they do a lot of Escalade and Excusion hybrids. Please let me know if you happen to have any knowledge of this carwash. Thanks!

2. h2photo

h2photo Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Bobbie, My mom used that car wash and said they did a horrible job. When she got it back, they hadn't done a good job with the vacuuming, and there were still dirty spots on the outside & they didnt clean the windows on the inside at all. She said maybe it was a one time thing, but hasn't been back yet.

3. howardbc

howardbc Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Ouch! That doesn't sound good but I think I will try them at least once anyway. I will watch them like a hawk. Does your mom use another carwash that she could recommend? Thanks.

4. kabin

kabin Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I invested in a small portable pressure washer from costco and so far it has worked great for outside projects like car washes.

5. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Worth it? If I recall correctly, the pressure isn't very high. Then again, it doesn't need to be.

6. kabin

kabin Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Yep, it's 1750 psi, probably not as high as professional car washers but it works well. It cleans wheel brake dust in a snap. I figure every time I use it I save $5-$10 from the discount car washer places. Surprisingly powerful, I was cleaning the back patio saltillo tile and over did it by taking off the top colored layer of tile. I thought I was removing dirt. Ooops!

7. drewski86

drewski86 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Just noticed this post, but figured I'd give my two cents (posted on another guy looking for hand washes, too).

I've used this car wash a handful of times and will say that it's better than most other car washes I've tried in the valley. It's a hand wash, so I'm not having to deal with the scratches and issues you get when going through a machine-wash tunnel, either. I tried their detail service and have to say I was impressed with the results (just a basic interior detail after a couple of long trips).

I used to take my cars to Danny's all the time until they raised their prices and the service/value dropped dramatically. Plus, it seems like every time I went there I'd end up getting frustrated with the end result of my car.

I'd say give them a try if you haven't already. If you ever have any issues/missed spots, I've never had problems asking to have the car sent through again or they send someone over as soon as possible to my car to take care of it.

8. howardbc

howardbc Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I appreciate the responses. Actually, out of desperation, I too tried the Classic Car Spa on North Scottsdale Road and was very pleased. The problem I originally had is that the company who installed my (expensive) window tint said I had to use their window cleaner or else I'd void my warranty. First I went by Danny's and they gave me such a hassle about using my own window cleaner that I just left. Classic Car Spa also gave me a lecture ("They just want you to use their product," which is probably true), but I decided to bite the bullet and let them wash my very dirty 2008. Everything seemed fine and the price was not exorbitant. The place was full of expensive cars and then there was my Prius, but it's my "baby," too. I will definitely go back when the inside gets bad.

9. Jayhawker

Jayhawker New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If any of you are in the East Valley and ever need paint correction, shoot me a pm. I am not set up for mobile service. I have everything I need in my garage as I only do this on weekends. I won't hack your paint with a polisher or buffer like a lot of these places do.

10. SGonzalez

SGonzalez New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I've used that wash several times. I love how if I buy a wash and gas I get .20 cents off the gallon. They pump my gas too! The store is very clean and everyone is very nice. I think they did a good job on my car. It is hard because my car is black so it shows everything. The prices are pretty good since it is a hand wash too. I bought the groupon and used that. Such a great deal!

11. RobSarra

RobSarra New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Tesla Model S
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    My wife takes her tesla to this car wash and every time she is disappointed. This last time I noticed that they forgot to wipe down the windows and there is still the writing the day right was still on there and there was so much splotchy water stains on there too. I took the car back to show them because the car was in the garage for two days and hasn't been driven but they didn't believe me they refuse to do anything and it is only a $20 carwash on my wife's Tesla. I'll never go back to them again I hope you guys don't either