1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Has Prius V 2013 filter of hybrid battery fan is?

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Max__23, Sep 11, 2023.

1. Max__23

Max__23 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Overheating hybrid battery. Try to clean the fun H battery filter, but can't find it.

Has Prius V 2013 filter of hybrid battery fan is?

BR

P.S. I've had Prius V 2015 and filter was on.

2. Max__23

Max__23 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I find TBS, A Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) is a document that contains special instructions and procedures that can be used by technicians to correct or repair unanticipated problems with vehicles.

2012-2014 Toyota Prius V MIL "ON" DTC P0A80 or P0A7F due to Dust or Debris in HV Battery Cooling Fan 182309 2013-11-18

3. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    The air intake is under the rear passenger seat and has no filter. Just a plastic grille.

I made a bet with Merv he could not clean it while I was making a delivery. See the results:

4. Max__23

Max__23 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Thank you for video, I've already changed the fan two yeas ago.

5. John March

John March Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Looks like Toyota has some sort of filter upgrade or add on screen (filter) to the Tube that feeds air to the hybrid fan. It's located at the end nearest the rear seat. One of my V's has it and One does not. I am torn which method i like better but the one without it had larger particles sucked to the fan when cleaning so I can see some value to the filter screen overall.. I didn't see Merv show it as its located in a cutout right behind the rear seat forward of the 10mm bolt holding the cover on. I had to pull the whole tube out to inspect it as working in that cutout was impossible for me. The part # for the filter is G92DH-47090. Sorry I don't have any photo's.