1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Has the official explanation of 9/11 fallen apart?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by jared2, Sep 20, 2006.

1. jared2

jared2 New Member

A growing proportion of Americans no longer believe the official version of 9/11. (Now over a third of the population) Have you seen a film or read a book that causes you to doubt the official explanation, which is probably the strangest and most bizarre conspiracy theory of them all. See article under the first headline "Five years later the official story falls apart"

http://www.st911.org/

2. San_Carlos_Jeff

San_Carlos_Jeff Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Sep 20 2006, 09:46 AM) [snapback]322293[/snapback]</div>
    Elvis was telling me about this just last week........

3. jared2

jared2 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(San_Carlos_Jeff @ Sep 20 2006, 12:49 PM) [snapback]322295[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for your intelligent and original response.

4. Marlin

Marlin New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Intelligence has nothing to do with this topic.

This topic resembles the "Chemtrail" conspiracy theory. There's a rather large following of people who believe that the contrails of airplanes, or at least some of the contrails, are really "Chemtrails", which are formed when the US government dumps mind control drugs into the atmosphere for some nafarious purpose.

I kid you not. There is a very large following for this. They have "experts" and "scientists" who've written many books, articles, and papers on the topic. A google search for "chemtrail" will turn up almost 800,000 pages about the topic.

The 9/11 conspiracy theories are just a variation on the same theme.

5. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
  6. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Marlin @ Sep 20 2006, 10:16 AM) [snapback]322308[/snapback]</div>
    Well dang!!!! After all these years . . . I never put the two together!!!!!

That explains why I thought I was going to die when my military transport plane flew through the jet wash of an F-14 Tomcat for which we were 'pathfinding' its way to Hawaii.

IT WAS THE MILITARY GRADE CHEMTRAIL!!!! :eek:

No way would I have been that frightened with being awoken out of a sound sleep by nothing more than a friendly thump from an F-14. -_- :lol:

7. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
  8. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    :blink: Wow this proves it, There are alot of WACKOs in this country! :wacko:

:huh: Makes you wonder if the whole global warming thing is true? Have you seen a film or read a book that causes you to believe in the whole conspiracy :blink:. I mean There is a very large following for Global Warming. They have "experts" and "scientists" who've written many books, articles, and papers on that topic too. :rolleyes: I guess the bottom line is your going to believe what you want to:ph34r:

9. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Sep 20 2006, 09:46 AM) [snapback]322293[/snapback]</div>
    I'd like to see how the poll question was asked. In today's society, it is "closed minded" to say something CAN'T happen, or to be definitive about anything. I've learned to express myself carefully when well meaning people start to describe whatever superstitious "magical thinking" they have, whether its ghosts, aliens stealing cow anuses or crop circles. So I have to say things like "Well, I suppose its a possibility, and I wouldn't want to disparage your cousin's friend's brother in law who saw it, but I think I'll reserve judgement".

When what I really want to do is say "You moron! Get a hold of yourself and quit watching TV!"

10. kingofgix

kingofgix New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Sep 20 2006, 09:48 PM) [snapback]322612[/snapback]</div>
    Priusguy, we know you are ignorant, so you don't have to keep trying to prove it to us.

But it is utterly amazing to me that science, common sense, and logic can be subverted by a few wacko's, and the subject of this thread and the case AGAINST global warming are but two perfect examples.

11. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kingofgix @ Sep 20 2006, 10:43 PM) [snapback]322643[/snapback]</div>
    Im really touched, that you where able to use my post as a example.. Thank you :D

Why coming from you kingofsthgix thats a com-pliment , becides I don't ignor anyone especialy someones ant...
    :huh: :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: [​IMG] :p

12. Marlin

Marlin New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Sep 20 2006, 09:48 PM) [snapback]322612[/snapback]</div>
    No, for Global Warming to be a real conspiracy theory, it would need to be caused by some government entity, perferably the CIA, for the purpose of political or world domination, or at the very least for mind control.

If the theory was that the CIA was using nuclear powered heaters hidden in remote locations all over the world to heat up the atmosphere, then it would be a good conspiracy theory. However, the theory that Global Warming is caused by moms driving SUVs to soccer practice doesn't make for a good conspiracy theory.

13. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Marlin @ Sep 21 2006, 08:54 AM) [snapback]322749[/snapback]</div>
    Marlin~

Thats it, youv'e hit the nail on the head.... The Goverments using that mind control gas to make everyone think that the world is global warming instead of cooling.. ;)

Someone notify the STAR! :lol:

14. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I thought the "conspiracy" was supposed to be that the government engineered the attack. But the Wikipedia article referenced above only mentions theories that the government knew it was coming and let it happen (as some folks have claimed about Pearl Harbor) to have an excuse for a war.

Based on what's come out in the news, the government certainly should have known that al Qaeda was getting ready to pull off a terrorist attack. So the theory that they sat back and did nothing is not so far-fetched.

So what's your theory?

1. That the government knew "something" was in the works and turned a blind eye, hoping for an excuse to go to war.

2. That the government knew the Twin Towers were going to be brought down, and let it happen for the same reason as above.

3. That the government engineered the attack and those 19 hikackers were actually regular CIA operatives?

4. That the whole thing was space aliens and the government is covering it up.

5. That the government is simply not telling everything it knows about the hijackers.

6. That the government bungled the response on 9/11 and is trying to conceal its own incompetence from us (not a very successful conspiracy, since even Republicans are frustrated by the government's incompetence in pretty much everything it does).

It's hard to answer the question "Was there a conspiracy?" if you don't specify what conspiracy you are alleging.

I'd say number 1 is not so far-fetched; number 5 is possible; and number 6 is pretty likely. The others range from unlikely to crackpot.

15. Marlin

Marlin New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The reason 9/11 conspiracy theories are conspiracy theories is that ignore the most likely explainations and create overly complex plots attributed to super secret nafarious organizations to explain events instead.

Lets just take the WTC towers for an example. The conspiracy is that Bush needed an excuse to invade Afghanistan and Iraq, so he had the CIA recruit some terrorists to fly planes into the WTC. And since planes couldn't possibly bring down the towers, the CIA planted explosives in the WTC towers to bring them down afterwards. The fact that the towers collapsed into their own foot prints is given as proof that they were brought down by a controlled demolition rather than by the planes.

First off, it is well known that 5 or so years earlier that terrorists set off a bomb in the basement of one of the towers. So there already was a precedent for terrorists using bombs in the WTC. So why bother with the planes? Why not just plant bombs? The planes added an incredible risk to the CIA's plans, don't you think, and with no good reason. What if the terrorists failed to take control of the planes? What if the planes were delayed for weather, or equipment failure? What if they missed? Wouldn't it have made more sense just to plant the bombs and blame that on terrorists? You could bomb a whole lot more buildings. Planes can be secured, skyscrapers can't. More terror with random bombings, don't you think? Why would the CIA add an element to their plot that only complicates things and doesn't add anything to their supposed cause?

Now let's think back on how the towers fell down. People have compared it to a controlled demolition, and there were some superfical similarities. However, if you look back at the videos, you will notice that the towers collapsed from the top down, rather than from the bottom up. When the buildings began to collapsed, the top fifth or so of the building (basically the part above where the planes hit) fell down, crushing the floor below it, which in turn crushed the floor below that, and so on, and so on. The floors were crushed from the top down with the floors at the bottom crushed last.

In a controlled demolition, they cut the columns of the building at the ground floor, causing the rest of the building to drop down and crush the ground floor, and then the 2nd floor gets crushed, then the 3rd, and so on and so on.

So, since the WTC towers collapsed from the top down, beginning at the point where the planes hit, that means that if it was a controlled demolition, then the explosives would have to be planted up where the planes hit.

Boy, that adds alot of unnecessary complexity to the plot doesn't it? Not only are they using planes that they don't need because they could have just bombed the place, but now they also planted the bombs way up high where the planes hit. What if the planes prevented the explosives from exploding?

16. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Sep 20 2006, 12:46 PM) [snapback]322293[/snapback]</div>
    A growing proportion of believers in a conspiracy theory might be true if you converted from believing what your eyes witnessed to believing something else.

It is even tougher after watching the tape al-Qaeda released on the anniversary of 9/11 with OBL celebrating his successful attack and showing him WITH one of the pilots who drove his plane in the WTC's. How do you explain that?

Maybe you think Bush and OBL are teaming up??

I love this by the way - and I thank you for adding some humor into each and every day.

I did not mean to conclude that you are one of these guys, are you? And if you are, what is your current theory du jour?

17. jared2

jared2 New Member

"And since planes couldn't possibly bring down the towers, the CIA planted explosives in the WTC towers to bring them down afterwards. The fact that the towers collapsed into their own foot prints is given as proof that they were brought down by a controlled demolition rather than by the planes."

This is an interesting point that I had not considered before. Why have planes? Why not just explosives? Possibilities that occur to me:

1. It would be very hard to explain how OBL planted explosives in WTC1, 2 and 7 from a cave in Afganistan. Boy they would have to be good to do that under the eyes of security cameras!

2. If, as many claim, 9/11 was primarily a psychop to manipulate public opinion, what could be better than spectacular images of planes, fireballs and massive building collapses? All caught on camera, of course.

There may be other reasons I haven't thought of.

18. jared2

jared2 New Member

Has anyone watched the film "Loose Change" on google video? What do you think?

19. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Jared 2: I think it was in a different thread that you said something about how it was inconsistent that the titanium engines vaporized but bodies were still identifiable.

I'll ask this here because this seems the more relevant thread:

So what's the point? Are you saying no planes actually hit the towers? That the video footage was faked, and the towers actually brought down by demolition?

Don't get me wrong: I believe that W is evil enough to murder 3,000 Americans in order to blame it on the enemy of the day. I just don't believe the clowns running things today are competent enough to pull off something as complex as a faked attack.

I believe the government's reaction to 9/11 was incompetent, and they probably do have a bit of a "conspiracy" to hide their own incompetence (the government is always trying to hide stuff, such as its own corruption). And I believe that W was delighted by the attack and used it cynically to push forward the war he already wanted to pursue. But that's a far cry from claiming the terrorists were CIA operatives.

I'd be interested to know specifically which version of conspiracy you believe in: one of the "mild" versions (that the government is withholding information after the fact) or one of the "strong" versions (that the government was actually behind the attack)? We see a lot of things eye to eye, but this seems to be one we don't.

20. jared2

jared2 New Member

I certainly don't know exactly what happened on 9/11. I had my suspicions on the morning of the attacks. I could see the towers burning. I could not understand how they could "collapse" just from plane strikes. Even more problematic is the perfect free fall collapse of WTC7, a building never hit by a plane. I have read many books, hundreds of articles and recently watched "Loose Change" I respect the work of scholars for 9/11 truth. My understanding is still evolving, of course, but I would say that I strongly suspect that Bin Laden is a CIA operative and the whole of Al Qaeda is completely infiltated by the CIA and Pakistan's ISI. The Mossad was involved, in my opinion, and you know they are very competent. The attacks created:
    1. Sympathy for Israel
    2. Billions in profits for the military industrial complex and security industries
    3. Strong support for Bush when he was in a very weak position.
    4. Enormous profits for the lease holders of WTC
    5. Profits for insider traders of millions of dollars
    6. The right psychological conditions to increase government control of the people by passage of the already-prepared Patriot Act.

I think the film "Loose Change" (very widely available on google video) does a pretty good job.

But I don't want to convince anyone of anything. The books, articles and videos are out there for everyone to decide for themselves.