1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Has there ever been a cross country run...?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Oskar, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Oskar

Oskar Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Just wondering if anyone has organized a cross country run featuring only Prius cars, the purpose being to see who gets the best mileage over the distance. I know over the past few years there have been some runs in which drivers tried to clock the fastest time driving coast to coast. I think the latest record for the "Cannonball Run" is 29 hours.

There were have to be some ground rules, but basically the purpose is mpg. There would probably have to be a set deadline on time as someone could take several months to make the trip at a ridiculously low speed. Or it could be a combination of speed and mpg. I would think it would be a great PR event for Toyota.

martian800 likes this.
  2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Um, I bought a Prius to use less gas.

What my MPG would be, going nowhere I need to be, is not using less gas. I drive 30,000 miles a year just going where I need to be.

3. Oskar

Oskar Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Well... me too. I just thought it would be interesting to have a cross =-country challenge to see who could do it using the least amount of gas... in a Prius.

4. Ashlem

Ashlem Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    That does sound a little interesting. See who can use the fewest gas to tour the country with. If I had time I'd consider doing it, but unfortunately I only have two weeks of vacation to use, and they're usually already set/reserved for various things since they force us to plan it out in January.

As a plus, if you pack light enough, you can sleep in the prius too. Slightly safer than a regular tent (animals, not so much people though), and cheaper than motel/hotel stays, and no worries of random bugs joining your ride.