1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Has your Prius been delayed this week?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by sunnysandiegan, Feb 8, 2006.

1. sunnysandiegan

sunnysandiegan New Member

Our dealer told us they have a VIN for our Prius and that the expected arrival date is 2/3 - 2/6. We're at the 8th now and they still have not received the vehicle. The sales manager insists that they have no way of tracking it. That Toyota doesn't tell them exactly where it is...

This kind of delay is not common, according to our salesman and the sales manager.

I'm wondering if other buyers are waiting extra long right now, also. As in you were told your car was going to arrive in the same general time frame (2/3 - 2/6) and it is not here.

Any theories???

2. glenk

glenk Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three

My VIN was assigned to me in mid Dec and was told I could have the car before the end of the year, which I of course said, "No way". It ended up the car didn't show up at the dealer until the 10th of January. Maybe the dealer can't predict when the car will be unloaded off the boat and then shipped to him very well.

3. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    No delay here...mine got here last Friday. Was on day 3 of my Mammoth vacation but my dealer emailed me with the VIN and I scheduled an appointment to pick it up after my return (am going to pick it up today). Sorry to hear there's been a delay...that's not good! :(

4. floydenheimer

floydenheimer Junior Member

I was originally told mid-Feb but it's now been pushed back to mid-March. Not quite the same, but close enough. Oh well, it just gives me time to save more money for a down payment. ;)