1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hasta La Vista Babies!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Wildkow, May 25, 2007.

1. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    See you all next week we are off to Cabo San Lucas, for rest, relaxation, Golf, Fishing, swiming and shopping. Hope you all have a pleasent week. :D

Wildkow

<div align="center">[attachmentid=8327]

[attachmentid=8324]

[attachmentid=8323]

[attachmentid=8322]

:blink: [attachmentid=8326] :rolleyes:
    Oh I almost forgot to mention the sight seeing, well that's my story and I'm sticking to it! :p </div>

Attached Files:

2. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Enjoy your vacation! Here's hoping you hit 'em straight & long.

And enjoy the "sights". ;)

3. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Have fun, Kow! Mexico is a great place. Post pictures of the sights when you get back. :rolleyes:

4. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I would be jealous, but i get to g cabining up north, so i can't complain :D

5. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Have a great trip Kow! Cabo is nice. :)

6. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Have a GREAT TIME wildkow!!!! ;)

7. robincx

robincx "Fear is the mind killer"

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Enjoy Cabo, and say hi for me!

8. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hey, Wildkow ... How was the vacation?

9. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    This was the best vacation I have ever had! I have gone places and seen stuff more historical and you might say more interesting but bar none Cabo is a great place to relax, soak up the sun and recharge the batteries. Only bummer was we did not get our luggage until a day and a half later so I missed out on fishing. :(

I can't include pics because permissions have not yet been enabled since the move so I will do that later.

All in all Cabo is a highly recommended vacation spot.

Wildkow

p.s. stay tuned for the pics. :D

10. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ May 31 2007, 06:40 PM) [snapback]452869[/snapback]</div>
    Sounds nice. I'm looking forward to the pics.

If I ever get around to scanning some from the 10 rolls of film I took in Scotland 2 weeks ago, I'll share those. I'll even include one of a Highland Cow just for you. :D

11. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    OK here they are I hope you enjoy them. I actually used a couple of pics from the internet cause my picture taking ability sux and they better show locations.

<div align="center">Aerial viewof Cabo we stayed in the "V" shaped resort near the letter "K".
    [attachmentid=8436]
    The resort inside the "V"
    [attachmentid=8437]
    Looking towards Cabo from the top of our resort, about a 5-10 min walk to downtown, the pool in the middle of the pic is for swimming with Dolphins and part of the Marina is to the right.
    [attachmentid=8441]
    The front entrance of the resort notice how they built it around all the rocks and in parts you can't see, cause the pics sux, they actually incorporated the rocks into the structure.
    [attachmentid=8442]
    Here are some pic's of the coutryside on the way up to La Paz.
    It is some of the most desolate and forbidding countryside I have ever seen.
    There is no way if stranded in this chaparral that you could walk out without being shredded!
    It has a strange beauty all it's own.
    [attachmentid=8444]
    My Sweetheart on her B-Day still dressed in our travel clothes cause the airline misplaced our luggage. <_<
    [attachmentid=8445]

Beach scene looking south from the resort.
    [attachmentid=8452]
    Toursist shopping area in downtown Cabo.
    [attachmentid=8453]

I think 8 is the total number of images you can upload into one post. I wiil post a few more in another post below.

</div>

Attached Files:

12. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Did you swim with the dolphins, Kow? That was the second most exciting thing I did on my last trip to Mexico. Nobody should ever pass up the opportunity to get a "foot push" from dolphins.

13. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Jun 1 2007, 03:48 PM) [snapback]453601[/snapback]</div>
    No, I have a bit of a problem with capturing dolphins, or any animal for that matter just so I can swim or interact with them for money. That is what this biz appeared to be doing but if they were doing something useful such as education, study, research etc. I might have but I don't like to encourage the imprisonment of animals solely for the monetary benefit of someone. Does that sound weird coming from a neo-con? :huh: I don’t have any problems with Seaworld or Zoo’s because they serve a useful function as far as education, research etc. but I couldn’t see any of that going on at this location. Besides the first day was set aside for checking stuff like this out and fishing but the airline lost our baggage and we had no swim suits or the other gear we needed so we took a drive up towards La Paz. We saw some incredibly rugged countryside and stopped at a small restaurant in “Todos Santos†for an excellent reasonably priced lunch.

Wilkdow

14. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Jun 1 2007, 04:20 PM) [snapback]453619[/snapback]</div>
    Sh!t. You make me feel guilty! On the other hand, I'd be surprised if Sea World does any useful research with all the killer whales it captures and trains for the Shamu show. And while some zoos do research, I doubt if most do.

I used to be very principled. I've gotten cynical in my old age and abandoned most of my principles. So I suppose I'll swim with dolphins again at the next opportunity, even though in principle I agree with you about capturing animals for money. At least I don't eat them, which seems worse to me than training them to push peoples' feet. Besides, it tickles, and is fun. :)

Sorry to hear about your luggage. About half the times I travel, and almost always if there is a change of airlines, my bags arrive the day after I do. Airlines are proof that capitalism is an invention of the devil. :angry:

15. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Jun 1 2007, 05:45 PM) [snapback]453664[/snapback]</div>
    Don't, to be honest the dolphins probably enjoy the break from boredom that humans provide by swimming with them and if the place has any class at all they will give them good care and food which menas the dolphins will probably live a longer and healther life than out in the wild. The only real bummer is the capitivity so it would be cool if they turned over their stock every year but I can imagine the cost and the liability if you happen to get one that isn't happy about the new digs.

Wildkow

16. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Jun 1 2007, 05:45 PM) [snapback]453664[/snapback]</div>
    You must not have flown Aeroflot in the old communist days.

:lol:

17. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Jun 1 2007, 08:35 PM) [snapback]453762[/snapback]</div>
    Touché. :D