1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hatch Open sensor location

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by SteveWlf, Nov 13, 2012.

1. SteveWlf

SteveWlf Old-on-Hold

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'm just getting aquanted with my 2007 Prius.
    It has a damage hatch that doesn't completely close right now (repairs pending). The Door Ajar and the Hatch Open indicator on the dash display never go out and I think that may be the reason my new accesory battery goes near dead over about a two day period.
    I don't see a push button switch (like the doors have). Can someone tell me where it is located.

Also, I just discovered I have a back up camera and don't know where it is located but I do know from the picture that the lens needs cleaning !!

Steve

2. SteveWlf

SteveWlf Old-on-Hold

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Ok! I figured it out. Trip the hatch release as if it was fully closed and the Door Ajar light goes out.

The other symble is a Car with a Key. Hmmm! "Lock the Doors, Dummy"!

I still can't imagine that those two red symbles on the dash could run the accessory battery dead in two days, but perhaps other sensor systems stay awake as long as the doors are Ajar or the entire car is locked.

Thanks for you patience with an old guy.

Steve

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    is the dome light shutting off. that's all it takes to drain the battery. also, there is a hatch lite on the wheel well with a shut off switch.