1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hate backing your Prius out of the driveway when the engine is cold?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Scott_R, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Scott_R

Scott_R Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    You'd have to use it an awful lot before this would pay for itself.

2. B Rad

B Rad New Member

3. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    This is a solution looking for a problem.

4. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    :lol:

just what the world needs.

5. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Don't most parking garages in hi-density cities use this? I know Tokyo does...

6. cagemo

cagemo Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    II
    HEY - they stole my idea! I used to do this with my sister's record player and my Hot Wheels cars. I only want one if you can make the car fly off and crash into stuff.

7. jmpenn

jmpenn New Member

It's not a bad idea. Just one that isn't needed a lot. I can see where someone might want one if they do not want to back out onto a heavy traffic road.

8. skruse

skruse Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I just back my Prius into the garage - thereby saving several thousand dollars. In the morning I face forward and do not have the potential of backing into another vehicle.

9. jtullos

jtullos New Member

As for commercial application, yes, that makes sense. For residential, not really. Most people with enough money to spend on something like that either don't live on busy roads or have large enough driveways that they can easily turn around in them. Otherwise, like skruse, many probably back into their driveways or learn to back out onto a busy street. It's not that difficult.

The primary interest from residential as I see it would be from low-income families/homes, and they would likely not be able to afford it.

10. Anubis

Anubis New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cagemo @ Jul 25 2006, 03:35 PM) [snapback]292197[/snapback]</div>
    We used to do this very thing with lizards and pet rats and things (when we stopped it turning, the pet would move its head back and forth, and would fall on its side if it tried to walk). For a turntable as big as in these driveways, you'd have to use a horse or a cow to get the same effect...

(Whaddaya expect? We were broke, bored, dumb teenagers, and there were enough of us to keep Mom distracted while the rest of us "experimented" with centrifugal force...) :lol:

11. esskay

esskay Junior Member

My son would love one of those... just like the turntables for his Thomas Trains!

[​IMG]