1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hauling a moped INSIDE a Prius?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Prius_shane, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Prius_shane

Prius_shane New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I recently posted about hauling a moped 2500 miles, possibly using a motorcycle carrier. It turns out this isn't a very likely, or safe, possibility for me to use. The consensus was to use a small cargo trailer - but I cannot afford this.

My Prius is a 2004 model, with 227,000miles.

My question - has anyone been ballsy enough to haul a moped inside of a Prius?

My only options at this point are squeeze it into the car on its side (with the fluids removed, of course) or leave it here/sell it.

It's a dazon scorpion 125. Think it could fit?

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. AzWxGuy

AzWxGuy Weather Guy

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    You could probably accomplish a level of disassembly where all the parts would fit. Assuming of course that you don't plan to ride said moped anywhere along the route. Put it all in plastic bags and boxes and it should work. Scads of room in a Prius. I think Honda made some of their "fold up and throw in the trunk" mini-cycles with a switch on the gas tank cap to seal the fuel system. Don't know if that worked, or if oil would leak out if in any other orientation than This Side Up. I always wanted one of those Honda Trail 50's when I was a kid (and still, even now).

RCO likes this.