1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Have a Seat...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by The Phoenix, Mar 18, 2016.

1. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I have been adjusting to my newly bought 08 prius that has 191,000 miles on it. I don't have a lot of historical service data on it but I had it looked over by a mechanic and all it all its in great shape for the miles. Now focusing a bit on the inside I feel the drivers seat is a bit uncomfortable....is it just me? Maybe the seat has gone bad? If anyone has experienced this and has any suggestions, like about what type of seat cushions are good etc, please let me know

2. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    There are numerous threads where people have complained about The Prius seat comfort or lack thereof .
    I don't think I've ever read anyone proclaiming they thought The Prius seats were the most comfortable.

For me? They are passable. Fine.
    But for many, it does seem to be an issue.

What would I recommend? Well fit and comfort is so subjective, that I'd almost say, all you should do is start experimenting.

I might try the mainstream choices available in nearly and auto parts store or major shopping store, and then work my way up in choices if those things as simple as cushions and/or pads don't work.

There are a LOT of cushions, inserts and covers that proclaim they will make your vehicle seats more comfortable.

You should maybe also try to find some of the many threads already in existence about this issue.

No...you are not alone.

3. kenoarto

kenoarto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    We have found that those cheap $5 mesh lumbar supports are just perfect. You can find them at the dollar store or Staples or Target...