1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Have to replace seat

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Orf, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Orf

Orf New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a back problem and found the Prius seat most uncomfortable.
    What I did was to buy a cheap car seat overlay (one of those semi rigid seat and back combinations) which I placed on the seat. Over that I put a tapered sponge cushion with a slot cut out for the tail bone. I believe you can buy these in the US. The whole lot is held in place with a lambswool seat cover.
    The seat is now very comfortable and in fact, I have just done a trip where I drove 700 km in one day with no back problems what so ever.
    This solution is much cheaper than a new seat and apart from the lambswool seat cover can be tried for about $30.
    The lambswool seat cover is the same as a sheepskin cover except the wool is attached to a synthetic backing instead of skin.

2. artie

artie Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    any uphostery shop can insert lumbar supports, either fixed, mechanically operable or electrically operated into the car seats. i had that done, and it's wonderful, i chose the mechanically adjusted model, i don't recall the cost, maybe $150 installed, or a bit less.

3. sonny

sonny New Member

Does anyone know where I can buy an aftermarket electric seat? The seats don't bother me but my wife has back trouble and is about ready to sell the Pri because the poorly designed seats aggravate her already bad back...HELP

4. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I know that some have put in Recaro seats, but they aren't cheap. Others have made adaptations to the original seats.

5. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sonny @ Dec 6 2006, 10:01 AM) [snapback]358399[/snapback]</div>
    Recaro makes some excellent and supportive seats. They have some that have power adjustments, too, if that is a must-have.

6. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    reported spam to mods