1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Have you discovered this on your Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by harper42, Jan 22, 2007.

1. harper42

harper42 Member

I'd found all the drawers, shelves, lights, storage spots.... but had never noticed this. I was glancing through my owners manual. I must admit, I had never read the part about putting gas in. Never needed to. But yesterday I was reading, and it mentioned hanging your Gas Cap on the little storage rack on the door which you open to give you access to the gas cap. Storage rack? How could I have missed that. Had to go out and check. Sure enough. It's there. Guess from now I'll hang up my Cap, instead of just letting it dangle....

2. Bohous

Bohous New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Not to burst your bubble but I think a gas cap hanger is pretty much standard on every car these days. Even my '85 Mercedes has one.

3. harper42

harper42 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bohous @ Jan 22 2007, 09:58 AM) [snapback]379001[/snapback]</div>
    Guess I'm not very observant. Maybe they were there on my Chevy Impala too. Just never noticed.

4. Marlin

Marlin New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I've never had the gas cap hanger on my previous cars, but upon seeing it on the fuel door of the Prius, it's function was obvious to me.

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    For me, the most practical little thing is the arrow by the gas gauge reminding me which side the tank opening is on. I get gas so rarely that I forget from refill to refill. :D

6. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This is my first car. My friend was with me for the first gas filling (I didn't know how to fuel the car :rolleyes: ). He showed me the rack, I think because he has one in his 93 camry. Otherwise, I wouldn't know either...

7. Prius The First

Prius The First New Member

Our 1990 Volvo Wagon has one too.

Our 1982 Porsche 911 does NOT have one, but it does have a rubberized flap that folds out over the fender so the filling nozzle does not scratch the paint. Pretty cool huh?

8. ilusnforc

ilusnforc Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    :lol: I remember going to the store with my step-mom a long time ago before I could even drive, she had a Camry and stopped to fill up and I opened the gas door and hung the cap while she worked the pump and when she turned around to see the cap hanging on the door she said "I never knew that..." LOL, thanks for reminding me, that was a good one.

9. priusFTW

priusFTW Gen III JBL non Nav

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dulcimer @ Jan 22 2007, 11:50 AM) [snapback]378996[/snapback]</div>

My first post here! Well the first time I filled my Prius i didn't want to let the cap just dangle and possibly ding or damage my paint finsh so I looked inside the gas door for a resting area for the cap and I found it! lol

10. fphinney

fphinney Member

The first time I filled my Prius i didn't want to let the cap just dangle and possibly ding or damage my paint finsh so I looked inside the gas door for a resting area for the cap and I found it! lol [/quote]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But it is so tempting to just let it dangle (gently)! I'm betting that plastic would have a hard time damaging a paint job? I'm aware that intentional abuse could cause a ding or two -

11. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Jan 22 2007, 09:56 AM) [snapback]379035[/snapback]</div>
    My father's 1964 Plymouth Fury had the tank opening in the middle, behind the license plate. It should've had a spot to stick the gas cap that would wedge it open as the spring was pretty strong.

12. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I just let it dangle. Really, couldn't be bothered to "hang it up" for the short time I'm filling the tank.