1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Have you gotten this DTC code -P020B???

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by depriusoto, Jun 24, 2013.

1. depriusoto

depriusoto Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Scenario: Wife's 2007 with 82K miles. Car has spent entire life in Albuquerque, NM. DTC light comes on 6 or so weeks ago and I use my ScanGaugeII and pull two codes indicating the valve that fills the thermos is not working correctly. Determine it is not a life threatening issue. I had to go to a meeting last Saturday in Farmington, NM (about a 400 mile or so round trip) so I took the car into our local independent Hybrid shop, Jim's Automotive. They pull the DTC and replace the valve (expected) a sensor (OK) and the water pump for the heater (? no codes but it wasn't working - since the heater hasn't been used I've no way of verifying that) but OK. Pick up the car and everything seems great.
    Head off on the trip and make the trip at 72mph. No problems. Notice the mileage doesn't come up as fast as I expected (onboard gauge) but OK. In my meeting for 6 or so hours and when I get ready to head back home and start up I get the check engine light. When I check it with my scan gauge it gives me a whole series of DTC B codes B0653, B064E, B0651, B064B, B064C. I clear the code and head home and check light doesn't come on.
    Yesterday head off to church and when I start up, Check Engine Light on again. This time the code I pull is Po2oB.
    I cannot not find these DTC codes listed.
    I've been having glitchy problems with the scangaugeII so I suspect it might be miss reading the codes, nonetheless, car is throwing a code. removed the scangaugeII and gave car back to my wife last night and I'll see if the CEL is on today.

I'm wondering if anyone has seen DTC codes like what I pulled.

Thanks, Ed

2. Eclipse1701d

Eclipse1701d Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Ed,

Before you chase down all those codes, have you tested the 12Volt battery? If it's failing, you will get erroneous codes. Also, while the shop was doing the work on your car, they may have left a door open and drained your 12Volt. Once drained, they don't always recover...

3. pjc

pjc Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I have also had problems with my SGII misreading codes. Sometimes they even appear to be changing on the fly! Totally bogus. I contacted Linear-Logic and they had me send it in for a firmware upgrade (for free). I haven't had an opportunity to observe whether it works better now or not, though....