1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Have you upgraded your audio?? Post your specs

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by samlopez1, Jun 27, 2004.

1. samlopez1

samlopez1 New Member

Hello:

I definetly want to upgrade my prius audio, and I wonder how many of you guys have done that.

I have the standard (not JBL) audio and Im looking for options?

Did you installed an Amp? A Subwoofer? New Speakers? How is it performing? Installation Pictures? What are the specs of your new sound system?

Any information will be highly appreciated!!

Samuel Lopez
    San Juan, PR

2. dlesh

dlesh New Member

2002 prius, aftermarket speakers

I bought aftermarket speakers for my 2002 Prius from ebay and, while extremely happy with the new sound quality, I’m still very cautious about whether I should pursue an amp or somehow otherwise reconfiguring the audio system. for the record, I installed Infinity 62.5i (2-way) in the rear and Infinity 63.5i in the front (3-way). They sound excellent, but are capable of handling well over 200 watts each, while the top estimate I've heard is that the Prius head unit puts out no more than 30 watts per channel (possibly total).

I too would appreciate some advice about how I could proceed, especially in terms of either replacing the head unit with something more powerful (or with an EQ), or, at least, installing an amp that would go to these 4 speakers plus a modest woofer (which I'd like to get so my low end sounds as wicked as the high does)

specifically, if anyone could outline the elctrical concerns I should be aware of so that I don't comprominse fuel economy with something as insubstantial as my low-end audio.

cheers,
    Dan Lesh

3. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Howdy!

Two things:
    • over on the Audio and Electronics forum, describing several folks' experiences doing this.
    • The moderator might want to move this thread off the Appearance Modifications forum, and over to the A&E forum.

4. HW

HW New Member

I posted my specs on an old thread (last update in June). Thread is "Standard vs. JBL stereo sound system?"

5. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A