1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Haven't heard from [you] in a while, post up!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, May 24, 2006.

1. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

:)

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    :rolleyes: that 'you' tag again, eh? :lol:

well i survived the big oral exam part of my prelim yesterday and now i technically have a master's degree. we just found out today DH has sleep apnea and we're busy learning more about that. (and whoa does that diagnosis explain a lot!)

if it's not one thing it's another.

3. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ May 24 2006, 03:30 PM) [snapback]260467[/snapback]</div>
    Up to my neck in {you} tags.

4. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ May 24 2006, 04:32 PM) [snapback]260596[/snapback]</div>
    Congrat's on the Master's and DH's SA sux. One of these days I got to go in for testing and find out why I can't sleep. :(

Wildkow

5. LarryRacies

LarryRacies New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ May 24 2006, 03:30 PM) [snapback]260467[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for your concern; I'm alive and well. I've been busy taking delivery of my prius, getting it
    registered and trying to put protection on the bumpers, etc.

do not know if I'd fit in with your group of intellectuals since I probably couldn't pass a literacy test.

Larry Racies

6. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ May 25 2006, 04:51 AM) [snapback]260818[/snapback]</div>
    thanks wildkow :)

i highly recommend getting a sleep study done. we would have never known if he didn't do that study, and he would have kept on being miserable and not knowing why! good luck.

7. keaggy220

keaggy220 New Member

Hey, I got a new job and it's been causing me much stress. I'm starting to get settled a little so I'm getting back into my routine. I posted an article this morning, but I can't find it now. Did anyone see it? I posted a link from MSNBC about hybrid's...

8. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    been busy working on the railroad!

those old folk tunes have a lot of truth even today!

9. TwelveInchPrius

TwelveInchPrius New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ May 24 2006, 11:30 AM) [snapback]260467[/snapback]</div>

I have been up and into a lot of things lately!! :p

10. DonDNH

DonDNH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I've been trying to avoid being laid off or to find another job in the event I am. The two major projects that I'm working on both got the funding axe.

11. s.e.tx_parrothead

s.e.tx_parrothead New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ May 24 2006, 06:32 PM) [snapback]260596[/snapback]</div>
    Congrats on your Master's...I gotta get off my tush and start mine....As for DH, one of my employees recently was diagnosed with sleep apnea...He stopped breathing or had lower respriations around 100 times and his O2 level dropped to 79...His wife is a nurse and told him that if he was one of her patients they would have shipped him to the ER when his O2 level dropped below 90. Luckily with the SA machines your hubby will see a definite improvement soon. My employee did.

12. Denny_A

Denny_A New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ May 24 2006, 08:32 PM) [snapback]260596[/snapback]</div>
    Molte congratulazioni sui vostri padroni "tecnici"! All accomplished whilst surrounded by the scandalous events at The Duke U. You know... both men's and women's b'ball teams whiffed in the NC2As. :blink:

BTW, my son-in-law has to be hooked up to his sleep apnea machine EVERY night. It's no fun, but his condition is severe enough that he can't take a chance...and he's smart enough not to. Before the diagnosis my daughter would lie awake for hours so that she could shake him to restart his breathing. Scary stuff for the partner too.

13. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Good topic for me because I have posted very little here for the last four months. My wife of 34 years died in February and I have been putting my life together again.
    Things are starting to look up now and the future looks good.

I just got home last week from a 3000 mile Prius trip. I went to a reunion in Flagstaff with some guys I was on a submarine with many years ago. On the way home I visited four national parks a was able to do some serious hiking, serious for a 64 year old guy anyway.

The Prius ran great and I averaged over 50 mpg (about 52 I think) for the trip, that in spite of the fact that I drove 75 on the freeway and 65 or 70 on the two lane highways through Nevada, Utah, and Arizona. Of course I did quite a bit of slow conservative driving while sight seeing also. One day going through the mountains in Nevada and Utah the battery indication was down to the last pink bar and then completely filled with green ones about ten different times. I also discovered there are genuine legitimate uses for the "B" mode. Coming down an 8% grade for 10 miles (Wheeler Peak in Great Basin National Park) I used the "B" mode and only had to use the friction brakes for three or four corners.

14. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Denny_A @ May 29 2006, 08:50 PM) [snapback]262611[/snapback]</div>
    I have been studying my Italian so that I can order vino rosso, mista insalata, e spaghetti bolognese, forse di dolce. Almeno posso parlare "dove il bagno" (At least I can say "where is the bathroom?") My daughter says the italians really love it when the Americans pronounce penne wrong, you really need to pronounce both of those n's.
    Buon notte!

15. Denny_A

Denny_A New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Salsawonder @ May 30 2006, 01:44 AM) [snapback]262632[/snapback]</div>
    What can I say.? I used Babel Fish. Just to get it nearly correct. I did live in Napoli for several weeks (whilst flying for the Navy) and had learned enough Italian, before the stay, to go with my hand jestures, to get along just ok. Unfortunately I was too busy to make a trip to Tuscany, the Bordeaux of Italy (or maybe Rhone?).

It's been 30 yrs....so my bad Italian is now useless Italian. However, I still drink the Tuscan wines (as long as they're priced right for this retiree). :D

Boun notte e buona fortuna! (speaking cinematically)

16. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Member

Hey,I'm here. I finally bought a Prius 3-4 weeks ago.It is delivering the mpg (better than expected, but I'm a mpg pessimist). My some gets 50+ mpg on his 18 miles school commute; he was getting 13 mpg with the Pilot and 25 mpg with the Prizm.
    I'm currently debating between taking the Prius or the Pilot on a trip to AZ(we go there for 5 days in the summer when we have the $$ or the CC "room").It is 3000 miles round trip.I would use 135 gallons(22.2 mpg) with the Pilot.I'm guessing about 38-40 mpg with a Prius with a bike rack sitting up waaaay high.The downside with the Prius is that we are bring one leggy 75 lb greyhound and one kitten.We also sleep in the back while switching off drivers to save time and $$.Who wants to spend $75 to spend 7 hours in Childress,TX??
    There is a surprising amount of room-69" L behind the front seat-enough to sleep with an air mattress.Still, there isn't a lot of headroom, or storage room. We usually spend 28-30 hours enroute; a lot of time.We do stop often-probably 10 times enroute-every 2.5 hours-stretch legs,dog walk, bathroom,gas,food,see points of interest. The Prius would save ~$200-a lot of money, but putting 3000 miles on it is probably more expensive than putting 3000 miles on a 3 yo Pilot with 35000 miles on it.The Prius is actually quieter, but the Pilot is bigger,power drivers seat.Safety-Pilot has side airbags-no curtains, and I have taller tires on it so it is more prone to flip. It also has jacked up lights-90/100Watts(real 90/100 with a heavy duty harness) so the lighting is better-great for older eyes. The Prius has side curtains-a big plus, but it weighs 1500 lbs less, and has less crush space, and the driver is lower..
    We'll see.
    NO is slowly, very slowly rebounding. We have had a recent resurgence in violent crime, that is a big downer. NO was almost murder free for the 6 months post Katrina.
    Thanks for the shout out.Charlie

17. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(phoebeisis @ May 30 2006, 02:48 PM) [snapback]262873[/snapback]</div>
    Wow, hey, congrats!!! :)

18. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Denny_A @ May 29 2006, 11:50 PM) [snapback]262611[/snapback]</div>
    all i know is that you were congratulating me in Italian, so... thanks :lol:

i'm just glad we know now, nevermind the 12 years he's already had it. i can't wait until we get the written prescription and can order his machine. since i first noticed him not breathing in his sleep, i haven't been sleeping too well myself! i'll be happy to get some rest too.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tumbleweed @ May 30 2006, 12:07 AM) [snapback]262619[/snapback]</div>
    i'm so sorry for your loss, tumbleweed :( i noticed you hadn't posted much, but you never know when people just up and lose interest in the site or something. i'm glad you are feeling optimistic about the future despite the hardships you've gone through recently. best wishes to you.

19. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ May 30 2006, 05:38 PM) [snapback]263089[/snapback]</div>
    Thank you for the kind words galaxee. It helps to have friends, online and otherwise.
    :) :) :)

20. alsgameroom

alsgameroom Member

Been getting hammered at work lately :) but its lightening up a bit now... listening a lot to Red Sox games and lots of Texas bbq action on the weekends and BEER!!

to quote Johnny Winter.... "Sometimes I know it's kinda hard to tell, but I'm still alive 'n well!"