1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

haven't purchased yet-2010 prius iv w solar package vs prius iii w nav

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by gail54, Dec 12, 2009.

1. gail54

gail54 Gail

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hi I just picked up a 2010 prius iv with solar package which the dealer has allowed me to keep it overnight to test drive. I have never owned a Prius. I've driven it about 90 miles and I like it very much so far - but it's funny I did hear a little rattle from the dashboard. I'm try to decide whether the difference in cost of the Prius III maybe with just nav is a wiser purchase than the Prius iv with the solar package. I do those heated leather seats though in this NE cold. Any opinions which be much appreciated!

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Cost and your comfort are the only real factors in this dilemma. One is not inherently better than the other in terms of quality. So just choose what you think you can or want to afford and that has the options you truly want. At PC we don't look down upon those with the base model or look up to those with the top model. We're all just happy you have a Prius.

With either one I'm sure you'll be happy in the long run. :)

1 person likes this.
  3. gail54

gail54 Gail

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thank you ! What is your opinion about extended warranties? I've never purchased one with my Honda's but this car I plan on keeping long term.

4. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I bought one with my 2005 because everything was so new but knowing what I know now I would not purchase another extended warranty on a new Prius. Toyota really has their act together and the hybrid system is warrantied for 100,000 to 150,000 miles depending on your location. FWIW I have only had one repair on my 2005 after 100,000 miles and that was an $0.89 tail light bulb. :)