1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Having Dealer Install Soft-tex on Two Eco?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Pwhinson, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Pwhinson

Pwhinson Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I've had the bad luck to have two salesmen from two different dealerships who were basically clueless about all kinds of things Prius and non-Prius. Its a good things these vehicles are so good because you'd never know from the salesmen I've encountered so far. NO Prius knowledge. Amazing. ANYWAY. I'm thinking I REALLY need a pleather interior. But otherwise the Two Eco has everything I need. I asked one dealer if it was possible to install swap out the factory seats for the soft-tex ones and he said it wasn't possible, but that they could "put in leather" for $1600. The second Atlanta dealer said sure, they could do the soft-tex but it would cost $1900. I was floored. Why so much? Its not like the car I'm buying doesn't already have seating. Do they actually reupholster the existing seats? Is soft-tex possible? Should I just buy cloth until the Clazzio seats come out but more importantly, if I go with aftermarket seat covers how do I know the side-seat airbags haven't been compromised???

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The dealer is subcontracting the work and tacking on additional profit.

Get quotes from the local upholstery shops. Get the color & grade of material that you like best.

bisco likes this.
  3. booke02

booke02 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I thought that there is an air-bag in the front seat. If that is correct, then you need to make sure that the new upholstery takes this into account.

bisco likes this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    clazzio takes the air bags seriously, and most people have been very happy, along with other brands reviewed here. agree with jim, make your best deal, then start visiting upholstery shoppes. these guys are experts. be careful about the price game though, make sure they're a reputable firm.
    all the best!(y)

5. kenji4861

kenji4861 Member

Do you like the way the softex feels or do you just like the looks?