1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Having trouble seeing while backing up, even with b/u camera?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by karen898, Jun 23, 2007.

1. karen898

karen898 New Member

How are you all doing on backing up - can you all see out the rear window okay? Any suggestions? Right now, I'm using the kids as my back-up camera!

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just try to get used to looking through both rear windows simultaneously....as you get used to it you don't even notice the spoiler splitting them any more.

3. ystasino

ystasino Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kjm @ Jun 23 2007, 05:31 PM) [snapback]466975[/snapback]</div>
    The camera covers a very wide angle. Turning your head left and right then checking out the camera is more than enough.

4. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    When I first got my Prius, I *HATED* the view out the rear window. Now I'm used to it and don't notice it anymore. Just back up like you would any other car (although the camera is a godsend when it comes to parallel parking).

5. gforeman

gforeman New Member

I'm a mirror guy. I may peak at the camera to see how far I can get to an object, but usually I'm usung both mirrors.

Guess that comes from driving a semi many years ago.

6. PA

PA Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    To answer the question, "no".

I use both mirrors and turning my head when backing up, and supplement with the camera (particularly when backing out of the garage to make sure no-one has run behind the car). It is no more difficult than any other car, and the camera just makes it easier.