1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hawaii Not Part of 11/17/2011 Ordering

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by SomeRandomIdiot, Nov 16, 2011.

1. SomeRandomIdiot

SomeRandomIdiot Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    FWIW, Despite being shown on the Toyota Website as a state participating in the PiP availibility, this email sent out an hour ago states that it will NOT be part of tomorrow's pre-order on the Toyota Website.

Essentially says you must pre-order and purchase from the mainland and arrange for shipping to the Island.

Otherwise, it says they will take orders in 2012.

They did have a different sign up list for Hawaii than what everyone else went through, so I guess I am not 100% shocked.

[​IMG]

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    what!?! all they have to do is float a few in on the way by!

3. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Wow, they're not even showing the production model in the picture in their own email...

I figured the ordering system would be different over there though because of that whole different list thing they had for Hawaii. Bummer...

4. dustoff003

dustoff003 Blizzard Brigade #003

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    SRI if your location is correct in your profile (Florida) why to you care about or are you getting e-mails for PiP ordering in Hawaii?

Toyota Hawaii a.k.a SERVCO is thier own independent Importer and Distributor of Toyota vehicles in Hawaii and other Pacific locales. Hence the separate ordering queue for Hawaii.

If you look on Toyota's page for the PiP Hawaii is not included in the 14 initial launch states. Copied from toyota.com "The Prius Plug-in will be available at participating dealers starting March 2012 in 14 launch states: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia and Washington. Availability will open up to all other states in 2013."

Toyota Prius Availability Map

5. SomeRandomIdiot

SomeRandomIdiot Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Neither is Florida. Ever think I might have a place there?

If you will search, you will find that Hawaii WILL get the PIP in 2012 and was listed as an original launch state. It is NOT one of the other 2013 launch states.

In fact, Hawaii has had a PIP available for demo at event going back to July of this year.

There has been a signup form for PIP in Hawaii just as long as there has been a signup for the other 14 launch states.

In fact, if you read the email I posted in Post #1, it states they will be in Hawaii in early 2012.

6. dustoff003

dustoff003 Blizzard Brigade #003

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I got the same e-mail, and the invite for the July event. Hawaii is its own animal not part of TMS USA that is why PiP ordering was not available online in Hawaii through the TMS USA online ordering system. As I said before SERVCO is independent of TMS USA and is the exclusive importer and distributer for Toyota vehicles in Hawaii separate from TMS USA. The e-mail message in post one basically says if you want to buy your PiP in Hawaii you need to wait and see what SERVCO will do or get one from the mainland and import it to the Islands at your own expense.

Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. (TMS)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Motor_Sales,_U.S.A.,_Inc.

The only thing I saw on Toyota Hawaii's website for the PiP
    Prius plug-in hybrid (phv)