1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hazy, Yellow Headlights: Where to buy replacements (2004 HID)?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Phaedrus441, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Phaedrus441

Phaedrus441 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hi everybody,
    My 2004 has terribly hazy headlights. I'm sure it reduces light output, but more than anything they look terrible.

I've had them professionally polished and used the 3M kit myself, but both times the effect only lasts a few months before returning, so I was thinking about buying replacement headlights.

When I search on eBay (and other places), all I can find are listings that say something like:
    "04-06 TOYOTA PRIUS HEADLIGHTS W/O HID DRIVER+PASSENGER"

(My thinking was that either these listings imply there are two different HID/non-HID parts, or that these assemblies work for HID and non-HID, but that they don't include any of the HID hardware, which isn't a problem since I have everything, just want new-looking headlights)

Are there different headlight assemblies for HID/non-HID? If so, how can I find the HID part?

Any other recommendations? I've searched the forum and didn't find much besides tips on polishing.

Thanks!!

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  3. Phaedrus441

Phaedrus441 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks, Patrick!

I contacted that dealer and, unsurprisingly, it's incredibly expensive: $386.07 each ($772.14 total). Not quite worth it for yellowed headlights on my 10 year-old car...

Worth a shot, though, and I appreciate the help!

4. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  5. KrisTheFrog

KrisTheFrog New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I won't go through the whole litany, but myself and several friends (after my initial purchase) have purchased replacement lights from autoandart.

On husband's Camry, could not access the bumper cover bolt on passenger side to replace headlight. We were afraid of breaking something so finally took it to our mechanic -- the mechanic who told us NEVER to buy aftermarket lamps.

Well, he praised the fit and quality of the autoandart lights and asked where we got them. He said he would contact their wholesale division and start offering them himself to customers.

So, never got Prius lights from them, but friends/relatives have purchased Toyota's, Ford, and Chrysler.

So, your experience might differ, but...

I can't post links since I forgot my old forum "id" and have not posted much under my new name, but look on the autoandart spot and see what you see....prices will be way lower.

6. Bucky35

Bucky35 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Five