1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HCG Diet

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by bretaz, Apr 28, 2011.

1. bretaz

bretaz Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I decided that it was time to lose weight. In 11 days I have lost 15 lbs. on HCG. It has been tough at times, but I am hanging in there. 42 more lbs. to go.

Anyone else dieting or done HCG?

2. MelissaAnne

MelissaAnne New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Congratulations!

I've been wanting to try it for the longest time. Nice to hear of a real person that it has worked on. Maybe I should give it a shot.

3. bretaz

bretaz Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am seeing an MD. That is the only way to get real HCG. I would not buy it over the internet. It really works. A friend of mine has lost 60 since January 3rd. That is what convinced me. I do have some tough days, but it is worth it.

4. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Pardon me, but what's HCG?

5. bretaz

bretaz Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_chorionic_gonadotropin]Human chorionic gonadotropin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

6. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There's no magic to gaining weight - all you have to do is eat too much and not get enough exercise. It's harder for some than others, and might take many years, but just about anybody can do it. ;)

7. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Have you done any research? Have you tried everything else? It sounds crazy to me.

And who says you need to lose weight? Were your recent pictures taken thirty pounds ago?

8. Comrad_Durandal

Comrad_Durandal New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
  9. rcf@eventide.com

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  10. bretaz

bretaz Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Works pretty well for a scam. I usually don't recommend scams, but I do recommend this one.

11. bretaz

bretaz Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Read that article. Had no idea what alot of the stuff was he was talking about. I don't cleanse, do injections, eat coconut oil, etc.

I have not met anyone that has done this diet and failed. Everyone I have personally met has reached their goal weight or is on their way to their goal weight. The only way the diet does not work is if you quit.

Also, many people do not see an MD. The only way to get real HCG is to see an MD. It can only be prescribed by a Dr. Many of the people that quit, purchased it on the internet. Go figure.

12. MelissaAnne

MelissaAnne New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yea, doctors won't give it to me because I supposedly don't need to lose that much. I need to lose 30lbs so it'd be perfect.

I thought there was one or two from the internet that actually worked.

13. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    ^^ Amazing the things people will buy and ingest, without a clue what they are doing to themselves.

Just out of curiosity, how many pregnant women have *you* seen losing weight ?

14. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    are you preggers mellisa?

15. bretaz

bretaz Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Amazing how many people make stupid comments when they have no idea what they are talking about.

16. MelissaAnne

MelissaAnne New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Nope, not at all. I'll drink a preggo ladies urine if you tell me I'll lose 20 lbs.

17. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    ^^ bretaz, True.
    Since I am a physician and you are the one being scammed, guess who is who ?

1 person likes this.
  18. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i think you should see a doctor for a second opinion. you don't look overweight to me. i hope you're no seeing a fat you that's only your imagination, that's not healthy.

19. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    For $250 a month and all the urine you can drink, I can guarantee that you will. The other things you have to do are eat only fresh fruits and vegetables, and small amounts of lean protein every day. No snacks, no skipping meals. Also two hours of cycling every day, and no TV or internet. :cool:

20. RobH

RobH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I lost 25 pounds over about 6 weeks using oral HCG. I gained about 10 of those pounds back, and tried it again.

The second time, it just plain didn't work.

The brand that worked is Hucog, and the one that didn't is Ovidac. I tried to buy more Hucog, but it was out of stock (maybe because it works?). The Ovidac brand was described as equivalent, so I tried it.

I expect to try again, and you can bet that it won't be Ovidac. There has also been a problem with another brand being counterfeited. Perhaps Ovidac is OK if you get the real stuff.

The cost was about $15 per 5000 IU package, which was good for two weeks. So 3 packages @ $15, plus $20 shipping from India came to about $65. Plus a bottle of liquid B12 and some colloidal silver. I can describe how I mixed it if anyone cares.

There are several doctors who recommend and/or provide HCG diet treatment. If you use a doctor, they will probably do injections several times a week. I used the vials intended for injection, but instead mixed them with the B12/silver. Then I put about 0.6 CC under my tongue for about 15 minutes morning and evening.

Conventional doctors generally follow the party line that HCG is worthless for weight loss. It certainly has not been approved for that application by the FDA.

Several comments on the value of approval. First off, Dr. Simeon was a British doctor working in Italy when he developed the technique. British doctors working in Italy did not, and still do not, ask the US FDA for any approvals. HCG is an approved drug in the US, and off-label usage is legal at the discretion of a doctor. What isn't legal is for a drug manufacturer to promote the drug for off-label usage. It's not clear to me about the legality of personal import from India, but I note that I had a package opened by Customs and they resealed it and sent it on.

The general rule of thumb is that it costs $100 million to bring a new drug to market. Since HCG is long past any patent considerations, no drug company is going to put up that kind of money for something that is already generic. Individual doctors certainly don't have that kind of money. So HCG has zero potential for getting through the FDA approval process for use as a weight loss aid.