1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HD /Ipod/ Sirius installed but problems- please help

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by sdp1969, May 20, 2007.

1. sdp1969

sdp1969 New Member

Hello, I have two questions.

I had the Toyota sirius adapter and DICE HD/Ipod adapter installed last weekend. After I brought it home and started testing it I realized that there was something wrong. The progression as I press the audio button is FM1-FM2- AM- SAT1- SAT2- SAT3. The ipod will play in each of SAT modes (as controlled by the ipod itself) but when doing so BOTH the ipod and sirius play at the same time. Is this just because the DICE is in SAT mode and not MP3 mode or is it something more extensive? I have read that the head unit should read the DICE like a 6CD changer where each disk disk represents a different capability of the DICE. So it seems changing the mode to MP3 should fix this. To do this I would need to flip the second dip switch down.

Additionally, I have read through many messages on this forum that the mode for the ipod should be "Ipod Mode" and NOT "DICE mode" which is accomplished by having both of the dip switches up. However, the installation instructions say that in ipod mode no text is available. Can someone clarify this?

I found this fix when the dip switches are improperly set. Is this all I need to fix my problem?

"Disconnect the black DICE module box from the rectangular connector and flip the switches into the following position from left to right: UP, DOWN, UP, UP. [-_] [--] Then reconnect the DICE module. It must be disconnected and reconnected so that the DICE module recognizes the change and resets. Also reset your iPod by holding the center and middle buttons if you have a click-wheel. Let me know if you need any further assistance. Thank You"

Thank you,

P.S. Once is is right will be sure to post some pics as in my opinion this is the best option out there for Ipod/HD/ Sirius.

Steven

2007 Prius package 2

2. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It's because you have both set for SAT, you're exactly right. The car can only handle one sat kit at a time. With the car off, unplug the DICE kit and flip the DIP switches UP DOWN on the car side. Leave the iPod side DIP switches to UP UP. You'll then turn the DICE kit on by using the CD button instead of the SAT button.

As for the best kit available, I like to think it is :p

Seriously though, while I do work for DICE and all, I do believe that it is the best kit in giving you the best functionality possible in a Toyota. I thought that before I worked for them.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sdp1969 @ May 20 2007, 12:39 PM) [snapback]446231[/snapback]</div>