1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

HD Radio Station - NOT WORKING

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by TaraMC16, Aug 1, 2012.

1. TaraMC16

TaraMC16 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    III
    Hey guys.... I'm new to this forum. I've had my Prius C III for nearly 3 months has no problems whatsoever. LOVING THE GAS MILEAGE!!

Its not really a problem but its never happened before. Specifically with the KIIS-FM Station it does not work on HD, once the HD signal is recieved it goes blank, no sound. I can listen to it regularly but no HD. That is the only station that seems to be doing it?

Anyone got any suggestions or is having the same problem? LOL I just need to know that I'm not going crazy!!!

2. MBRGuru

MBRGuru Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    If that's the only HD station not working then it's a problem with their HD audio stream.

3. Mik1

Mik1 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I was listening KIIS-FM this morning on my way to work over the XM, the sound was fine. So I guess in LA you have it as a regular FM radio and it most probably that they have some troubles with their stream.

4. Surrylic

Surrylic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I agree with the folks above, as frustrating as that answer is. If you were having problems with all HD channels, then it'd probably be you... but since it's only the one station, there's almost no way that your car is at fault here.

5. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If you would figure out the search function, you would discover you are not the only person who has HD radio problems. Since HD radio uses only a fraction of power the analog signal has it is going to be weaker. Depending on how the stations set up their HD system, it could be louder, weaker, distorted, or non functional, depending what's between you and the transmitting antenna, and where you are in the stations signal footprint! If KISS is giving you a problem, other folks probably have the same problem! A email to the KIIS Engineering dept might help, but do not hold your breath!

6. TaraMC16

TaraMC16 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    III
    Thanks Guys appreciate the help... seems like after i posted, got off work and was working just fine.