1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

He gets an A for effort

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by bigbaldcuban, May 28, 2004.

1. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

I just recived the following email/personalized form letter

Manny,

I just wanted to let you know about another special purchase our Dealership has made! We have just acquired 11 Pre-Owned2003 Hybrid Honda Civics! All of these cars have approximately 15,000 miles and are in Excellent condition. I know you have inquired about the 2004 Prius and many, maybe even you, have placed a deposit to get on our waiting list. Unfortunately, we are looking at a 8-12 month waiting list for these much in-demand cars. With fuel Prices soaring, with no end in sight, maybe one of these Hybrid Civics would be great for you! We also still have a great selection of 2002 Pre-Owned Prius in-stock. If you would like to come look at either our Pre-Owned Prius or Hybrid Civic's, please give us a call and let's start saving you on your fuel costs!

This has got to be a blast for him, I'm sure but I'll wait for my Picante nueve as long as need be (or aarons)

2. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

hey, maybe you could paint a civic salsa?

i have been reading posts on here about people in the early june shipments... hoping mine is also one of those, trying to resist calling and bugging my salesperson

3. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

The thing that sucks the most is that no on in front of me (supposedly only 4) is going to want to give up at this point and get a civis with 15K miles. My only hope is to wait it out, take a pilgramige to the WV Prius black hole, or hope that one of the people ahead of me has their name at another dealer and gets their car there first.

4. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
  5. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

6. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I think what I'd probably do in a case like this is take the used HCH and drive it for the year until the Prius arrives, and then trade the Civic back in. From all accounts it's a great car with great gas mileage, and with 15K on the ODO, it's already taken the biggest part of the depreciation hit.

Plus, with all those HCHs on the lot, you could bargain on the price, and maybe get him to give you back your $500 deposit while still keeping your name on the Prius waiting list, in return for buying the less-popular car.

And you'd have the consolation of whatever fixes may be incorporated in the Prius in the mean time.

Unless, of course, you are on other waiting lists as well and holding out for getting a Prius much sooner than the 8 to 12 months this guy is estimating.