1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Head unit adapter available yet?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by yam, Dec 1, 2009.

1. yam

yam Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Is there a head unit adapter trim kit available yet for the non-JBL factory stereo? I sure would like to replace that awful thing.

Also curious whether anyone is aware of a replacement unit that has bluetooth, HD radio, and keeps the steering wheel controller and aux input functionality.

2. PaJa

PaJa Senior member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Festival try to search forum - there is lot of messages about that. The trim is available on ebay.co.uk - search for TOYOTA P/N 55405-47080 - the OEM part with 200x100mm opening. If you think about std. 2DIN HU (180x100mm)you will need trims from Metra or made them yourself from some plastic.

1 person likes this.
  3. kamick81

kamick81 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The Pioneer AVIC-z110bt has all of the functions you are mentioning. Bluetooth is built in, nav is via SD card, also comes with built in voice recognition for ipod, phone, and navigation control. To utilize the factory steering wheel controls all you need to do is purchase the PAC steering wheel interface that works with the head unit you purchase. For the AVIC I mentioned above it will be the PAC SWI-PS, be sure to get the latest version if you want to use phone and voice command buttons on your steering wheel (version 1.6.8).

1 person likes this.
  4. yam

yam Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks guys. I saw a few mentions of the UK faceplate but I'm hoping to find something locally here in the US for better pricing and a better fit. I keep thinking it will be available in a few months.

5. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Yam,

I'm in austin too, and thinking of doing the upgrade/replacement in my 10 day old prius. I'm not sure if we can get a discount buying two, and labor for 2 cars. I'm leaning toward the pioneer since it seems to have better ipod/iphone integration. I may wait a month just to make sure nothing is wrong with my prius (don't want the dealer to blame the install). I do think I want the back up camera enough to do this quickly though. I have trim level II like you. What shop did you have your speakers installed in? Were you happy with the work.

Ed

6. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Off topic - if you don't have leather - there are some great threads on it. I put it in, and it is amazing (the look and feel)... Costs less than $1K installed...

7. yam

yam Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi Ed. I had the speakers installed at Custom Sounds on south Lamar. They do excellent work and I'm going back there when I'm ready for the head unit install. PM me if you'd like to come by and check it out sometime. I live in westlake and work in south/central.