1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Headlamp removal

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Conine, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Conine

Conine New Member

Does anyone have a detailed description, preferrably with pictures on how to remove the entire headlight to gain easier access so i can install my hid bulbs? My hands are way too big to fit between a tiny space and i cant see exactly what im working with..

thanks

2. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Hi Conine, is it correct that you want to remove the OEM halogen bulbs and replace them with others that are brighter, or with the blue tint that makes them resemble HID lights? If so, this is not too difficult. In the 2001-2003 Prius (like mine) there are a couple of plastic pieces that need to be removed for better access. I suppose it is similar in the new model Prius.

Unless you have already decided upon a particular bulb, I recommend Sylvania Silverstar. Another poster (here in Priuschat I believe) said they have quite short bulb lifetime, but this has not been my experience.

Changing over to true HID lighting would be a major and expensive task. Trying to confirm that was not your intention.

3. Conine

Conine New Member

no i figured it out today and if a mod could please delete this topic that would be much appreciated.