1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Headlamp warning light and chime, chime, chime...ugh.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by reallydolly, Aug 4, 2011.

1. reallydolly

reallydolly New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Took '05, (package 5) to dealer for 70k maintenance yesterday for trip tomorrow. Got new tires, this, that, the other. On the way home the headlight leveler warning comes on, goes off, comes on, goes off.

Back to the dealer, he says it's just "it's time". I am driving 500 miles tomorrow for vacation. He says the headlights are properly aligned and it's probably just the sensor and I can have it fixed when I return because this won't be quick.

I don't know if I can tolerate that darn chime going off every 10 minutes for 1000 miles. Is there any way to turn off the volume of the chime?

2. imwoody36

imwoody36 the prius parts guy

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have a 25 dollar solution that involves IP. I can send instructions to you via email

2 people like this.
  3. kwasmart

kwasmart cool member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I want to know so please post it as I have similar leveler problem,
    thanks

4. Biking Maniac

Biking Maniac Five Prius – have not sold one yet!

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I went to your site and searched and could not find info on stopping the headlamp leveling sensor warning chime. Help? Thanks!