1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Headlight Adj-Now I'm Un-confused

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by dorf, Nov 24, 2008.

1. dorf

dorf Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I've looked at all of the posts on headlight adjustments and also in the Bently and Haynes books.

All say, turn the star Wheel with a phillips scew driver. It just didn't make any sense to me. Seems like there is a #10 metric nut there that shoud be used instead.

Anyway a closer inspection revealed that there is a small slot type U thing near the star wheel, to place the screwdrive in, and wholla-you can turn the star wheel.

Now I'm un-confused.

Hope this helps someone.

2. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Sometimes the manual is less than crystal-clear. For example, the factory manual for my FJ would seem to suggest I have to remove the headlights to adjust them. No, just need the philips screwdriver to engage the star wheel

The only catch: the FJ needs a really, really long screwdriver shaft but it has to be skinny. Most long shaft screwdrivers are fat, so it took a bit of searching to find the correct size