1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Headlight Auto Leveling System

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by bdahlfors1, Nov 23, 2012.

1. bdahlfors1

bdahlfors1 Prius, A New way of Life

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I have a 2005 Prius, 142,000 miles, fantastic car. Now to my question, my head lights are pointed at the ground and I am getting a warning light on the dash board telling me the headlights are failing. I went to the dealership today and was told the auto leveling system has failed and it will cost $670.00 to repair it. Can I simply set the headlights to where I want them and shut off the auto leveling system?

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It is likely that the sensor mounted to the rear beam axle has failed. You can replace it yourself if you have basic tools and can get under the car.

Alternatively you can try to set the headlight aim manually as your OP suggests.

3. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    U can adjust them to where u want them but if its the sensor on the rear beam like Patrick mentioned (chances are that's the problem), why not just replace the sensor?