1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    We have had the Prius for 6 weeks now and the dealer had replaced the right front HID headlight under warranty for a blemish/ding/chip in it at delivery.
    Today while cleaning the car again I noticed a brand new substantial chip/ding in the passenger side headlight.
    Are these headlights encasements that soft that they will chip easily? I had a previous non prius vehicle (Jeep) for 4 years with HID headlights, behind some big covers like the prius's and they never chipped at all.

What is the verdict on their toughness and what are any of you doing to combat it if it is really that soft?
    Thanks,
    jim

2. vikx

vikx New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Jim, don't know if this will help, but my headlight covers are just fine: 05 Prius 11K miles. I live in Washington State and the nose of my car is littered with pock marks from debris. (common here) I am happy that the headlights didn't ding, yet. Lucky? Also got a rock in the windshield...VK

3. DGH

DGH Thread Terminator

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Silver Surfer @ Sep 15 2007, 10:41 PM) [snapback]513190[/snapback]</div>
    I would get the whole front end, lights and rearview mirrors done with this: http://www.invisiblemask.com/site.html

4. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DGH @ Sep 15 2007, 10:43 PM) [snapback]513225[/snapback]</div>
    This is what you need for headlights http://www.autosportcatalog.com/index.cfm?...2&sc=7542it is many times thicker than the mask stuff. The masks help with tiny paint chips but anything large enough to damage your headlight will dent the aluminum hood with or without the mask film. I have both the headlight protectors and invisible mask on my car, no problems with the headlights but do have a dent in the hood under the mask.

5. DGH

DGH Thread Terminator

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seasalsa @ Sep 16 2007, 07:35 AM) [snapback]513267[/snapback]</div>
    You are correct, the material that covers my headlights is significantly thicker than the other parts of the bra.

6. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Silver Surfer @ Sep 15 2007, 11:41 PM) [snapback]513190[/snapback]</div>
    My treatment is from www.ventureshield.com.