1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

headlight failure

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by bestroofer, May 29, 2008.

1. bestroofer

bestroofer New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    hi folks,
    newbie here, was wondering about the latest updates on head and taillight failures.
    also does my extended warranty cover these items?
    thanks,
    bestroofer
    07 touring failure @ 36705 miles both front and one rear
    i might add that the dealer predated milage to 35750 and replaced both front and both rear lights,....no charge...wheww!!!
    does the extended warranty cover future failure?

2. Vincent

Vincent Don't Wait Until Tomorrow

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    No answer for you, but you'll have better luck in another thread; this one's for news on the 2010 model.

3. marcoinpb

marcoinpb Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    FWIW, your extended warrenty WILL NOT COVER the $842 a side replacement of the design failure of the headlight system on the Prius. Nice.

4. bestroofer

bestroofer New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    vincent,....thanks! i am now finding insightful info. on oither threads....still strugling through the site,....no damn good @ typing
    marcoinpb,...thanks to you also, that was what i was not hoping for but no suprise.
    07 touring package 7 failure @ 36750 mi. both front and driver rear,..dealer pre- miled me to 35750 miles and replaced both front and both rear,..guess i should be thankfull given other blogs i have read but somehow i just........don't
    best regards,
    best roofer

5. MagneticGrayIndy

MagneticGrayIndy 06Prius;94M Miata;65Rambler770

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    hmmm?? not sure what we're talking about.. buy my '06 just got a new driver's side headlight replaced becuase of fogging up slightly.. under warranty, zero cost to me

6. figmentor

figmentor New Member

I just had my left headlight replaced. Toyota wanted 309 for the bulb - about $400 to replace total. My good mechanic found a bulb at NAPA for 109 so I got out of it for $200. After seeing what he had to do to replace it, I consider this the worst design feature I've seen on the dozen or so Japanese cars I've owned over the years. The owners manual is no help either. If you want to do it yourself, you need to completely take off the bumper cover, that's the trick.

7. ScarGo

ScarGo Common Sense Conservative

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    please move this thread

8. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid