1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Headlight issue

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by apiske148, May 16, 2012.

1. apiske148

apiske148 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I recently purchased an 05 prius pack 4, it has an Auto mode on the headlight switch that does not work. as in the headlights do not turn on in pitch black night... From the searches I have done it appears that the car should not have auto headlights and yet it has the switch... I dont think its canadian because it does not have DRLs... if some models DO have auto headlights then what would cause them to not work, if NO 05 models have auto HLs then ideas as to how/why i have an auto switch??

Thanks!

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    U.S. models of the Gen II Prius do not have auto headlights.

Tom

3. CookieGuru

CookieGuru Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Have a Carfax? It should tell you if the vehicle has been in the US its entire life. If possible, check with the previous owner; the switch may have been replaced for some reason, perhaps taking the switch out of a Camry or similar.

4. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    my prius has a fuse spot labeled DRL but no fuse is in it, I don't like DRLs as it is a waste but was just wondering if you could add it if you so inclined by just adding a low profile fuse.

OP, do your headlights work manually or not at all? If they work than just use the manual mode, I have the auto headlights on my corolla and it takes several seconds to activate when turning the car on at night, very annoying because I like to just get in my car and go and I'm risking a ticket doing so.