1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Headlight Low Beam Adjust

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by Aviator_Guy, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Aviator_Guy

Aviator_Guy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    My headlights provide outstanding illumination in the Hi Beam mode, but in Lo Beam they just don’t provide adequate road lighting. I was wondering if it’s possible to adjust them??? Also, I noticed my Navigation Map lighting is too bright at night. I checked my settings and they are in the Automatic Mode for lighting. The only way I can get the Navigation Map to dim at night is to put it the Manual Mode… I just went over 5K miles on my Prius V and it's a great car.

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Your headlights may be adjusted too low. Some come that way from the factory. Try adjusting them a little higher but try not to go too high. If they start shining above the trunk of a sedan in front of you or above the door line and illuminating the driver of a car passing in front of you then they are too high.

You also have the option of adding an aftermarket HID kit to your halogen projectors. It's cheap and easy to do. Because they are projectors you will minimize glare to oncoming traffic compared to HIDs in a reflector style headlight but it's not perfect so it's up to you.

whitmanrf likes this.