1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Headlight Out on 1-week-old Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by s1059197, Jul 3, 2005.

1. s1059197

s1059197 Junior Member

So I was picking up my wife from the airport on Friday night (it was great circling the terminal in EV mode, BTW), and when she got into the car, she asked if I knew that I had a headlight out. I checked when I got home, and sure enough, I only had one headlight. I've only had the car a week, so I was pretty annoyed. Since I bought the car in another state, I went to bed that night trying to figure out the gymnastics I was going to have to go through to get a local dealer to replace it.

On Saturday morning, I woke up and decided to check some simple things first--blown fuses, light not seated properly, etc. When I checked the fuse diagram in the owners manual and then opened up the box in the engine compartment, I was shocked to see that one of the fuses for the headlight in question was missing completely. I moved one of the spare fuses into the open slot, and voila--I had 2 working headlights. I'm really surprised that it managed to leave the factory that way, and that the dealer didn't catch that on the lot. (And that I didn't catch that on the lot, for that matter.) I checked out the interior lights before leaving the lot, but for some reason, it never occurred to me to check the exterior lights.

All's well that ends well, though. I'm just glad it wasn't anything more serious.

Phil

2. TCD

TCD Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II