1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Headlight question

Discussion in 'Prius v Technical Discussion' started by Tomcookpsu, Oct 5, 2023.

1. Tomcookpsu

Tomcookpsu Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Trying to install LED bulbs. Replacement kits have two low and two hi beam LEDs. But my headlights have 2 projector lens for low beam and separate bulb for hi beam.
    Carid has it with 4 different "OEM" part numbers but Toyota website (parts) does recognize any of them. toyota headlight.jpg
    I really don't want to remove entire grill and bumper.
    Can anyone please tell me what I've got and what to do?
    Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    The 2012 Prius v Five (in your signature) has LED low beams (not replaceable), and can use an H11 LED bulb to replace the H11 halogen high beam bulb. They pop in and out from the rear of the installed headlight module, with the passenger side requiring simple dis-assembly and push-aside of coolant overflow hose supports.

Tim Jones likes this.
  3. Tomcookpsu

Tomcookpsu Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    THANK YOU.

And thank goodness for Amazon. I can return the four I bought and buy just the high beams.

Tim Jones likes this.
  4. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    You can get 9005 LED (not H11) equivalents for the high beam but be careful as many generate rf interference disabling things like your TPMs system.

Tim Jones likes this.