1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Headlights have moisture and condensation inside? How do I Fix this problem?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by ski.dive, Jul 21, 2015.

1. ski.dive

ski.dive Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Headlights have moisture and condensation inside?

How do I Fix this problem?

2. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Some past threads on this.
    If I recall, you basically want to get a little gentle heat on there to drive the moisture out. Probably best to take the bulb out to give an escape hatch for the moisture. If its a standard non-HID headlamp, you will note that removing the lamp gives you an opening in there. If you've never tried to replace a bulb, see several YouTube vidoes...there's the quick method which requires smaller hands with dexterity or the long method where you take off a few panels to improve accessibility.

3. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Attached Files:

4. M in KC

M in KC Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Remove bulb/lamp, park car in sun and let Mother Nature bake the moisture out or remove bulb and use a hair drier on cool or low setting. Any idea on how the moisture is accumulating in there (e.g. crack, break, improper bulb fitment, obstructed headlight vent) as you will want to resolve this a well.

valde3 likes this.