1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

headlights not working on low beam

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Jonathan Chesnutt, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Jonathan Chesnutt

Jonathan Chesnutt New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have a 2008 Prius 2 that has suddenly developed a problem with the headlights. The lights will function on high but will not work on low. I have no idea if they are hid. I have checked the fuses and relay. Really at a loss here. Not really wanting to spend a fortune at the dealership. Anyone have any idea's? Thanks!

2. kithmo

kithmo Couch Potato

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Have you tried new bulbs ?

3. Jonathan Chesnutt

Jonathan Chesnutt New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Will be doing that first thing tomorrow afternoon. Just found it odd that they both stopped working at the same time.

4. kithmo

kithmo Couch Potato

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    It is unusual but not impossible. When you think about it the headlamp bulbs are the same age and have had the same number of hours use so it is feasible that they could fail at the same time. It may be that one failed before the other but you didn't notice that the light in front of you was a bit dimmer until the second one failed and you had no light.

5. pwokeefe

pwokeefe New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I know this is an old post—but I had this issue and was surprised to learn it was in fact just the bulbs needing replacing. Since I drive primarily during daylight, I had not noticed they both went out. Changed the fuse—nothing. Changed the bulbs and it fixed the issue. They could have gone out at slightly different times, but they were likely installed at the same time, so going out at nearly the same time makes sense.

iPhone ?