1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Headrest DVD Install w/pics

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Family Hybrid, May 31, 2007.

1. Family Hybrid

Family Hybrid Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    As promised, here are the pics of the install.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A few observations:

The replacement headrest is very big and heavy, it has to be to include everything, including the DVD player.

The unit can play different or the same movie, but to hear it through the car speakers (RF Modulator) you can only hear one of the units.

The remote is not kid friendly. My kids are bright, they'll learn how to use it. :D

1 person likes this.
  2. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Preeeeety! Now go make a bag out of the same color cloth so thieves can't see it easily. I'd get the back windows tinted too.

I'm totally serious in this too. They're a hot item to get stolen and easy to steal at that.

3. Family Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vagabond @ May 31 2007, 08:19 PM) [snapback]452902[/snapback]</div>
    I am going to order the headrest covers. I'll have to check with the wife about the tinted glass.

4. priussoris

priussoris New Member

5. jimmyrose

jimmyrose Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    They look great, and I agree, they would be very enticing to a thief; around here the portable GPS's are being stolen in record numbers.

Any concern about the increased weight of the headrests becoming a liability in a crash?

6. Highly ImPriused

Highly ImPriused Impressive Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Wow, very slick! What did that system cost if you don't mind me asking?

7. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Very nice, is it set up to play video through the MFD also?

That would be cool.

8. Family Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Zen - Haven't really thought about it until you mentioned it. :D My thought (not based on any scientic information) is that the headrest rods that go into the seat will help to keep the headrest in place during a collision. I don't know if I would install this system if the vehicle was equipped with active headrests like my Armada (although we got the idea for the headrest DVD from other Armada owners).

Highly - The dealer charged $1950 installed. I priced similar systems (VizualLogic, Myron & Davis) at some of the local audio/video shops and they quoted me between $1800 & $2000. The part I like about doing this through the dealer is that the dealer and Invision will match the 3/36 warrenty for the DVD units. I confirmed this by calling Invision directly.

9G - I could install an A/V switch to the MFD, but it is not something we wanted to do (not to mention it is illegal to have it playing while driving). Do a search on this board, I'm pretty sure I read a thread about how to tap into the MFD.

9. Enoyls

Enoyls New Member

Could you post the Make/Models of those?

10. chinalfr2

chinalfr2 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    2 G's. That a lot of dough. Clean installation. Does it play DVIX? Looking for the model no so I can lookup the spec. thx.

11. Family Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Enoyls @ Jun 4 2007, 01:57 PM) [snapback]455027[/snapback]</div>
    Invision Revolution II

The part number varies by year and interior color.
    http://www.invisionindustries.com

12. chancejd

chancejd New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Fam,

Looks fantastic! How long did the install take? Was it pretty easy? Also, where are you getting the headrest covers. I think I'm going to get this for the kids in the family.

Chance