1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Headrest / seat adjustment suggestions for shorter drivers?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by bookrats, Jun 26, 2005.

1. bookrats

bookrats New Member

My partner, who is about 5'3", drove around the University of Washington in my Prius this morning (with me sitting in the passenger seat, trying to look nonchalant. However, she drives better than I do, so no worries.)

She's of a mind to replace her nearly 20 year-old Toyota Tercel with a Prius; a completely loyal Toyota customer who thinks the Prius is a great car. (I concur. :) )

However, she found the seat uncomfortable for her (as most seats are for someone of her height); and the headrest very uncomfortable. Turning it around 180 degrees kept in from banging into her head, but didn't offer much support.

Any recommendations / suggestions from those of you who have had to deal with similar problems? There's another thread in PriusChat regarding headrests (some research from naterprius shows that a Sienna headrest will fit fine in a Prius); but I wondered if there were other/better things that could be done.

Thank you in advance!

2. GreenLady

GreenLady Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Good question. I'm 5'3" as well, so I'm interested in seeing what others have come up with. She may try sitting on a pad. I really wish the Prius had height adjustable seats. Both my and my husband's Camrys have the height adjustment, and to me it is a Godsend.

I carpool with a coworker who has a Jeep, and I find her seats unbearably uncomfortable. I have a neck and backache for days after riding in her car due to the headrest forcing my neck in an unnatural position.

I really hope there is a good fix for this in the Prius. Any word for height adjustable seats in the 2006 Prius?

3. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Re: Headrest / seat adjustment suggestions for shorter drive

I'm 5'7" and I always flip the headrest around. It just gives me neck-pain in 5 minutes if I always have to lean my head forward, and esp in long traffic drives.

For the seat, I try to set it as near vertical with it leaning just slightly back a few notches. This is the "most" comfortable I can find without leaning forward again, and giving some lumbar support because the seating position encourages me to lean back.

4. Tyeise

Tyeise New Member

I'm also interested in the answer to this question, because at 5' 2.5", sitting upright, I find the headrest pushes my head forward also.

I also find that even with the seatbelt set for the lowest setting (on the side) that it tends to come up uncomfortably high on my neck/under my arm. I put it down, but it keeps riding up.

5. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

I recently found out the Toyota Matrix uses the same part # for it's seat. The upper model Matrix has height adj. The brochure shows it only in black. Might be worth further research.