1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Headrest?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Dusty Chips, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Dusty Chips

Dusty Chips New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Maybe I'm going nuts, but... Everytime I lower the driver's seat headrest, it later raises up again. Is this by design?

Also, on an unrelated matter... I recntly had the experience of driving the same route (Las Vegas to Laaughlin) in the day and in the evening. The ambient air temp was about 30 degrees cooler (it gets hot here in the desert). Admittedly non-scientific observation, but with the A/C running much less, there was a 5 MPG difference. Does that seem correct/

2. adamace1

adamace1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
  3. mad-dog-one

mad-dog-one Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    ----USA----
    That (5 MPG hit) was my experience until I learned, on this site, a more efficient way to use the A/C and air circulation system. Running the car in Economy mode, with the A/C in auto, recirculate on and the temperature adjusted to 76-78 degrees F has little impact on fuel economy and, once the car cools down, is comfortable in the front seats. Adjusting the temp to cooler settings speeds up the fan and vice versa if you raise the temp. Although this method works fine for front seats occupants, it may not get enough cool air to the back seats. Give it a try and let us know how it works for you. :)

4. SmellyTofu

SmellyTofu Average punter

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Are you pushing the lumbar area pretty hard? This will raise the headrest slightly to stop your head from rolling over the headrest as the lower backrest activates a mechanical link to the active headrest mechanism.

5. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Interesting, my car has the incredible creeping headrest, too.

6. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My headrest does this too. Every time I push the headrest down to the top of the seat it creeps back up to the first notch in the posts :cool:

I have just about decided to leave it in the first notch.

7. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I'll have to see how far it goes if I don't push it back down, So far, it's been going to the second notch.

8. Unlimited_MPG

Unlimited_MPG Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I have the same issue with my headrest...it likes to peek over my head :)