1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Heads Up Display Blacked out (Youtube)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by philmcneal, Feb 3, 2010.

1. philmcneal

philmcneal Taxi!

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Notes:

- To power off the car you must hold the power button for at least 10 seconds before it shuts off.
    - When you turn on the car, the only thing you see is the check engine light, then it disappears when the car is in ready mode.
    - Turning off/on the car does not remedy the problem, it has happened once in a blue moon.
    - If i get lucky and power up my car tomorrow the problem may go away.

(While stopped)

(While driving)

Any ideas?

edit: what the hell, when i open the video its playing looking up and down, but as soon as I uploaded it to youtube they get flipped from left to right... what gives? Recorded using iphone3gs

edit edit: Thanks bob64!

2. Bob64

Bob64 Sapphire of the Blue Sky

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I think some other taxi driver reported this problem in another thread.

Here's the relevant tsb that I think is your issue:
    http://priuschat.com/forums/toyota-...9-combination-meter-intermittent-display.html

oh: as for your video problem, its probably a special codec that the iphone uses that youtube's flash converter program doesn't completely know how to understand. I'd suggest recompressing it to a different format that youtube is more compatible with.

1 person likes this.