1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Heads-up...HydroEdge on sale

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by brick, Nov 15, 2008.

1. brick

brick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    [Dead Deal]Heads-up...HydroEdge on sale

HydroEdge tires are on sale for $74/ea at TireRack in our size. I won't need them for another 6 months or so but I couldn't pass up that price! Suddenly I don't feel so bad about getting screwed by the local guy on the tires we bought for the other car.

Feel free to move this if I should have posted it elsewhere.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  3. brick

brick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Huh. Tirerack now has them listed as "closeout" instead of "special". Is Michelin discontinuing this tire?

4. okiebutnotfrommuskogee

okiebutnotfrommuskogee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I ordered a set, hope they haven't had them on the shelf too long because I won't need to mount them for several months. I want to get a few thousand more miles out of the original tires.

5. brick

brick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, mine just showed up from the GA distribution center dated weeks 38 and 39 of '08...barely 2 months ago. That's about as fresh as they get! Of course now I have to stash them out of sight or else I'm going to want to put them on the car before the Integritys are truly spent.

Funny story: I met the UPS guy outside, and he asked me if I was putting the tires on the Prius (sitting right there). Turns out he has an '07 with 15k on it, so we talked for a few minutes about tires. Soon there will be one less Prius driving around with the silly 35/33 pressures wearing down the edges and mushing up the handling. Very nice guy, too, especially considering that those drivers are usually way too busy to stop and chat.

**EDIT**

Dead deal...looks like the sale is over. :(

6. jorgeez

jorgeez New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Thanks for the heads-up! I'ma check them out.

7. redhandeddenial

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  8. okiebutnotfrommuskogee

okiebutnotfrommuskogee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Guess I got in under the wire. Got the shipping conformation by email today. Shipping UPS ground from Louisiana. Price each $74.00 and $38.38 shipping. Total $334.38. Not sure I can wait very long before putting them on.