1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Heads-Up-Like Display Clearance & Other New Things/Questions?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Susan4ET, May 9, 2007.

1. Susan4ET

Susan4ET Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    2007 Prius w/ Opt 3 package:

I can't believe this hasn't come up before for us tall (6'+) types... With the seat slid back all the way and the seat back a couple notches and with me sitting up straight the glare shield cuts off the top of the speedometer read out in the heads-up display. The seat has no up/down adjustment possible to Toyota's, my dearler's, or my knowledge. And the heads-up display has no up/down adjustment either. Only solution I've thought of so far is to jam something inbetween the glare shield and the top of the dash that would both push the display down slightly while pushing the shield up slightly and thus would present the top of the display unobstructed by the glare shield.

Of note... There appears to be plenty of room for the display to lower to...just no means to do it.

Does anyone have any better ideas on how to make this adjustment?

I read somewhere that on a dark lit road--no street lights--this same heads-up-like display casts a reflection up on the windshield itself?

Is there any way to lower the touch screen display backlighting way down for night driving or is turning it off the only recourse?

'DICE' needs to be defined and added to the glossary file please.

Thanks for the initial newbie help.

2. Susan4ET

Susan4ET Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Susan4ET @ May 9 2007, 01:37 AM) [snapback]438136[/snapback]</div>
    No interest in this topic? That means everyone is shorter then six feet or doesn't care if the top of the speedometer display is cut-off or wouldn't like to see more versatile seat adjustments on the Prius from Toyota?.

I actually sit higher off the road then I did in the Civic because I am closer to the post office mail slot. From my leg and foot angle to the pedals I am pretty certain that the seat is higher to Prius floor then the Prius is higher off the ground then the Civic was.

All those who would like to see an up/down seat adjustment should phone in their complaint to Toyota so that it will happen! If not Toyota's marketing demographic is just going to think everything is fine and never consider an option even!

Thank you.

3. tiger roach

tiger roach New Member

There has been lots of discussion about improving the adjustability of the driver's seat. I'll be very surprised if there isn't a height adjustment (at least) in the upcoming redesign.

Sorry I don't have any advice about what to do in the meantime. I'm barely over 6' but I keep my seat very upright and I can still see the speedo just fine. Maybe its because I keep closer to the steering wheel than most taller folks do since I don't like to reach out for the steering wheel too much.

4. Susan4ET

Susan4ET Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks. I must have shorter legs and a longer body. A relative is 6' 4" and his Prius speedometer doesn't get cut off at the top either. To bad there is no way to lower the display either--that would solve part of the problem.

Wish there was a way of tracking just what Toyota decides to do with our feedback in upcoming models. Wish I felt more confident about the process or had some positive feedback from Toyota.