1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Heated Seat Switch Mod

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Jope, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Jope

Jope Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Hi everyone,
    Just traded in my 2007 Mercedes E350 for a 4 Touring as it has most of what I used to have, no sunroof though... but the more than double MPG makes up for it :D

One of the well thought out things that I took for granted in my Merc was the stepping (High/Med/Low) auto off seat heater button. More than a few times I've returned to my Prius for my afternoon commute, which the interior has warmed up throughout the day and no longer has cold seats, to start driving home and realize that I haven't turned off the seat heater after getting uncomfortably warm. I've never had to do this previously as the button wasn't activated upon start unless I pressed it.

I get that a user operated switch is far cheaper than a (likely) computer controlled stepping button and that this may be interpreted as a little quibble for a car at this price range, but does a better/smarter switch exist that will fit the Gen 4 Prius?

Edit: omg my grammar...

#1 Jope, Feb 29, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2016