1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Heated seats don't turn OFF?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by priusworld, Nov 4, 2009.

1. priusworld

priusworld New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Hello! I purchased a 2010 Gen-III>>Pkg.#5 Prius in July 2009. This package has all the goodies except the solar roof panel. I'm having problems with the heated seats.....Turning the switch OFF I still feel warmth from the seat. I even took the fuse out for the drivers side seat and for some reason it still fills warm>>>>Any answers out there? I don't want to take it back to the dealership and waste my whole day-off going to the dealership....

From,
    Marty

2. walterm

walterm Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I notice that the heater has a very long residual effect, but it's much less hot than if it was on fully.

3. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    What kind of car did you have before? Some cushions have pretty much no thermal qualities, so warmth is lost entirely. That's quite a surprise for someone in Minnesota use to a seat that retains heat.

I discovered this when driving a cheap rental. What a drastic difference from the Prius.

Are you certain that's not what you're feeling?

4. bedrock8x

bedrock8x Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Hm, in LA, your seat will feel warm all year round.