Heavy Springs And Lift Upgrade

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by strawbrad, Nov 24, 2019.

1. ColoradoCrow

ColoradoCrow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Any pictures?

offib likes this.
  2. Prius Rising

Prius Rising Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

That's awesome brother I am loving the upgrades on mine as well. :)

3. black_jmyntrn

black_jmyntrn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I believe you ordered correct?

4. alftoy

alftoy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
  5. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
  6. 199n8

199n8 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    @black_jmyntrn Deserves none of your business.
    I tried to buy a hitch mount from him back in February. Took my money for 2 months and zero communication.
    Tried reaching out about the order 3 seperate times in different avenues & 0 answer. Had to do a charge back.
    The forums here and everywhere are replete with stories of the same.
    He's either an insanely incompetent businessman, or even more incompetent scammer.
    Save yourself the hassle.

7. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    this is unfortunate and another indicator by date where the trends of fumbled orders occurred; there was a roller coaster from roughly Feb to September. No excuses for it honestly... I guess I ask, what suggestions do you have that would've driven the order in a different direction. I hear the same, no communication was the most prominent black eye.
    So with that resolved, others in your similar shoes and ordering time, versus chargeback, kept the faith and waited to receive the product. Another member elsewhere on the web stated for his other vehicles that he over lands, he waited months to receive parts. I believe 6+ months for suspension parts for king, bumpers, and others all over they state in bold long times for delivery.

The realization I needed to do better about setting the expectations up front I feel would've cleared this up but having consistency from the manufacturer and those they chose to support them (aka powdercoater) could've been set up better for sure. I don't know everything but I know I am no scammer.

The vast differences in customers and how they choose to voice their opinion has been a... exciting watch. You have thousands online who only read... no post... order.. not ask for updates and wait to receive a part. They then email in with thanks and support to then call out they aren't vocal online folks. Then, the folks who are vocal and use scam because I didn't answer emails or phone due to high volumes of incoming... can you go into detail on why as I might be missing something here and blinded by something else...

I don't like to think I was scammed by a prius owner, but the folks who do a chargeback because of the custom aftermarket prius part(that alone I thought people would be more compassionate for delays) that's the strongest on the market...is delayed.. has a few do a certain type of chargeback to then receive the product and I lose the case and sent product.... the hitch you wanted has no need to use a hitch riser and not mass produced by a big company... literally hand made... scammer just doesn't go with this... overworked/ overwhelmed dreamer/inventor getting a taste of to support thousands of customers yes!

Literally here, all ears, on how to be better! Got behind the 8 ball, but that doesn't mean the game is over!

offib and Prius Rising like this.
  8. 199n8

199n8 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    You are so full of crap with your faux "developing innovater" spiel.
    If you were an honest man I would take the time help you do better, but you're not honest. You are deceptive & you refuse to step out and fully acknowledge the degree of harrassment you have unleashed on your victims.
    Your long history of scamming is coming to light. For everyone reading this, please do your research. Go into any prius forum and ask about "Prius Overlanding" or "Duwayne McClendon" and ask what others experiences has been with this sorry excuse for a man.

Additionally here's a publicly available court document showing how @black_jmyntrn scammed his girlfriend out of $22,000+ back in 2017.
    This is an ongoing problem and we have no reason to trust that any of this "reform" is even remotely credible.
    May justice weigh on you heavy.

Sorry to go off topic for the thread. But I refuse to allow this abuser the space to decieve others.
    scammer1.jpg scammer2.jpg scammer3.jpg scammer4.jpg scammer5.jpg scammer6.jpg scammer7.jpg scammer8.jpg

9. black_jmyntrn

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    You know... When people feel they know all from reading things online and make assumptions, it makes them look like something, I just cant put my finger on it... For the simple fact, there are multiple mug shots of gentlemen that aren't me, with the same name as I do. What makes you think that paperwork which was dismissed.... is me? That, I guess, is the part that baffles me?

You have no idea how often my hotel points have gone missing or used as they say, and I know I didn't use them.

Why would you assume that's me? If only the same name, that's nothing to go off of, at least the way I see it! Plus, haven't you heard stories of upset women who do whatever they can to punish a man when their heart gets broken? C'mon, man, there is a lot of anger in your words over something you've read on the internet that even I am trying to validate its legitimacy!

So here you are, up in arms over something you read from someone else who has a lot of anger in their words and your attempts to say it's me... If not mistaken, when I read more into it, it was dismissed... so those are just someone's opinions on paper which would need to go through due process to even begin to assume its the truth and even remotely related to me... am I missing something here?

Now, what you are doing is what the courts call "defamation of character". In a perfect world, you retract your statements we go about our business. On the flip side, we add your screen name and this forum to the paperwork and proceed from there.