1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hello & a question

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by Donzi43, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Donzi43

Donzi43 New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Donzi43 here; new guy, altho not new to Prius.
    I bought my 1st in 2004, my 2nd in 2010 and now I've got my 3rd one on order- a 4, not a IV, in "Extra Cost red", with a black "almost like real leather:" interior. No options ordered, to speak of except for the heavy-duty rubber floor and cargo area mats. My dealer has been, lets say, not totally forthcoming and aboveboard so far. That's a polite way of saying that the SOB wouldn't tell me if the sun was out if I couldn't get to a window. Anyway, they didn't have the exact car I want on the lot , but said, "no problem, we'll find one for you. It'll only take a week or 2". He didn't mention that they were looking for it at the factory in Japan
    . A week later, after a rather sharp exchange of words with the salesman , they admitted that the car hadn't come off the assembly line until a week after I'd ordered it. When I expressed my lack of enthusiasm with the entire deal so far, the sales manager came in and showed me a print-out from The Dealer Daily, Vehicle Tracking Report showing the VIN, production date and date the carrier ship departed (23 Feb). So now we arrive (finally) at my question:
    Is there any way to determine (roughly) when my car should hit a US port, which port (Newark, NJ?), & average time from there to my dealer in Northern Virginia? And, please don't tell me to talk to the dealer (see above, re: window/sun). Any help is appreciated.. Thanks in advance.
    Donzi43

2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    The general figure is 6 weeks with longer on the East coast. But the problem is having the car get 'tagged' by another dealer and 'port charges.' Southeast Toyota is notorious for sneaking in port charges for over-priced, eye candy.

Bob Wilson